Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   dickies desmodue diary (/showthread.php?t=13261)

dickieducati 16-Jan-2005 22:03

dickies desmodue diary

apologies for probably posting up the most boring diary but its a diary non the less so here goes:

1. decided to do desmodue racing.
2. bought new 620 monster.
3. errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thats all folks!

will be adding hi level can, rearsets and then just taking off/adding the necessary bits to go racing.

had first go on it today; got to run it in, but first impression?

actually really liked it, everyone has said how slow they are but i thought it was quite nippy, got to be careful with the revs at the moment but it gets up to a ton ok, brakes seem good and handles reasonably well too. dont get me wrong its no 999 but looking forward to giving it a bit more stick when run in with hi level can on and dry roads.

a few pictures to follow; apologies for the cheesy one with me sitting on it but the missus wanted to take it. bless her!

overall very happy.

:bouncy:

dickieducati 16-Jan-2005 22:03

one more:

dickieducati 16-Jan-2005 22:04

here's the cheesy one:

Rattler 16-Jan-2005 22:08

Blimey that's clean!!! No surprise !!!!

Nice one, but why a new one Dickie?

Loz 16-Jan-2005 22:15

Quote:

Originally posted by dickieducati
here's the cheesy one:

That's so weird - as I downloaded the picture, an advert came on the TV for cheese.

/cue:twilight_zone.wav

TP 16-Jan-2005 22:17

Nothing a bit of first corner gravel couldn't sort out Tim ;)

ali 16-Jan-2005 22:21

Bloody 'ell! Racing for the landed gentry! Good on ya for getting a bike sorted. More than a little jealous about those four-pad brembos, but what in god's name stopped you from getting a s/h 620Sport (surely a better bet for DD)???

deej 16-Jan-2005 22:24

lucky git

that looks to good to race

dickieducati 16-Jan-2005 22:26

Quote:

Originally posted by tp-996
Nothing a bit of first corner gravel couldn't sort out Tim ;)

how you gonna that from your armchair?? ;);)

bt.w any chance of a lift for 2 from antonye to stansted friday am if you have room ?

TP 16-Jan-2005 22:27

Quote:

Originally posted by dickieducati
how you gonna that from your armchair?? ;);)

bt.w any chance of a lift for 2 from antonye to stansted friday am if you have room ?

I'll be there, even if I have to sell one or two of the kids in Thailand (just kidding, before the letters come in ... I wouldn't know which ones to get rid of ...)

And yes, we'll have space in the car for Friday, depending on what Ruthie is taking with her ....