Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   California SB School (/showthread.php?t=24952)

Jools 12-Dec-2005 13:55

Quote:

Originally posted by andyb
Silverstone on the stowe circuit.............:barfy:

I agree with Dickie, the CSS is not a track day so there's no need to go to a wide open, fast, flowing circuit.

It's about cornering, so you want a circuit that's got corners and plenty of 'em. Doesn't even matter if the circuit is small, if you see the same corner over and over again with only a minute or so in between tries at it, you can practise your techniques on a corner that's not going to surprise you.

That's why Rockingham makes a good teaching circuit but isn't very satisfying to ride a trackday on.

749er 16-Dec-2005 23:01

OK, I have been chatting with a couple of mates who have jap bikes. Will prolly just book up for CSS with them for April at Silverstone, then if funds and time allow have a look at CSS in Almeria in October.

Carbon 749, will give you a shout before I book to see if you want to join us. Anyone else most welcome.

Cheers

Derek

TP 16-Dec-2005 23:08

I should be at Silverstone on the 3rd of April (if everything works out)

If so, I'll see you there :)

Monty 17-Dec-2005 00:22

There are a few of us on the Easter CSS school at Almeria-looking forward to it, 3 of the clubs trackday instructors are CSS instructors also. DSC trackdays-always good value.;)

John

webbyc 17-Dec-2005 08:26

So how much is it now for the Silverstone one on 3/4?

[Edited on 17-12-2005 by webbyc]

Andy Ibbott 19-Dec-2005 11:17

The cost of 3rd\4th April at Silverstone Stowe is £299 per day. If you can get a group of 10 or more booking at the same time there is a discount available.

Please email Donna@superbikeschool.co.uk for more info.

robo75uk 02-Jan-2006 22:52

i done my first track day at brands last year on my 748 i loved it but i was very SLOW so any sort of help im up for . just need to sort dates out with work and all that boring stuff css sounds like a great idea
Dave:smug:

andyb 03-Jan-2006 09:49

Quote:

Originally posted by Jools
Quote:

Silverstone on the stowe circuit.............:barfy:

I agree with Dickie, the CSS is not a track day so there's no need to go to a wide open, fast, flowing circuit.

It's about cornering, so you want a circuit that's got corners and plenty of 'em. Doesn't even matter if the circuit is small, if you see the same corner over and over again with only a minute or so in between tries at it, you can practise your techniques on a corner that's not going to surprise you.

That's why Rockingham makes a good teaching circuit but isn't very satisfying to ride a trackday on.

A circuit thats got corners..............and plenty of them.......

andyb 03-Jan-2006 09:50

A circuit thats got corners......er

andyb 03-Jan-2006 09:51

Quote:

A circuit thats got corners......er

Lets hope your not doing left handers that day................