Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   California SB School (/showthread.php?t=24952)

andyb 03-Jan-2006 09:59

Quote:

Originally posted by dickieducati
Quote:

Originally posted by andyb
Silverstone on the stowe circuit.............:barfy:

yeah forgot you were a riding god;)

no i haven't done it and its not meant to be the best but to be honest a corner is a corner and im sure i can gain plenty from it.

take it from me if you have riden cadwell woodland, the phrase mickey mouse takes on a whole new meaning.

As far as being a riding God well..........But in my humble class 1 experience i would say a corner is not just a corner!

dickieducati 03-Jan-2006 10:42

Quote:

[As far as being a riding God well..........But in my humble class 1 experience i would say a corner is not just a corner!

but in terms of what you need to understand and do in a corner the same applies for any corner surely. be it paddock hill, charlies, stowe, or your favourite bend on your local road. turn in, speed, positioning, visual skills etc are all constant.

Mr_S 03-Jan-2006 11:01

Stowe is an excellent circuit for practising the CSS drills.

In fact, I go so far as to suggest, that the more "exciting" circuits are inappropriate for practicing drills due to the multitude of distractions.

It's also anti-clockwise which mixes things up for you.

andyb 03-Jan-2006 19:50

Quote:

Quote:

[As far as being a riding God well..........But in my humble class 1 experience i would say a corner is not just a corner!

but in terms of what you need to understand and do in a corner the same applies for any corner surely. be it paddock hill, charlies, stowe, or your favourite bend on your local road. turn in, speed, positioning, visual skills etc are all constant.

Well again in my humble opinion.....you can seperate track and road for a start.

dickieducati 04-Jan-2006 00:12

yeah furry muff. but im really talking track here anyway.

looking forward to being on track with you sometime, dont think we've ever been out in the same session have we?

andyb 04-Jan-2006 10:00

Quote:

yeah furry muff. but im really talking track here anyway.

looking forward to being on track with you sometime, dont think we've ever been out in the same session have we?

I could get anywhere near......you being a racer n all that!
:devil:
Plus ive never had any track training!:lol::lol: