Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   MOT recommendation in Kent (Bromley area) (/showthread.php?t=28494)

Wylie1 22-Mar-2006 16:12

MOT recommendation in Kent (Bromley area)

I need to get my 749 MOT'd. Can anybody recommend anywhere in the Bromley area. Termi-friendly would be a distinct advantage.

Cheers

Ian Harris 22-Mar-2006 16:23

The only two places I know are Watling Tyres in Catford and BAT Motorcycles on the Biggin Hill Airport Industrial estate. I used to get my Firestorm done at Catford, and they were always pretty good at doing a "while you wait" service. Never had any after market pipes on it, so can't comment on Termi-friendlyness.

On the downside, some of the clientele was a little shady to say the least, and I didn't fancy anyone taking a fancy to my 996r and doing the DVLC address check thing and paying my garage a nocturnal visit

BAT in Biggin Hill only do a "morning" or "afternoon" time, meaning you might be hanging a round a bit and they also ask that pipes are road legal. Apart from that, they're a friendly bunch (a bloke in the sales area has a 748 and a Monster and used to work for DUK) and you get to look at a bizarre mix of imports in their showroom.

Sorry I've got no termi-freindly recommendations...I couldn't find one when I was looking last month.

Wylie1 22-Mar-2006 20:08

Quote:

Originally posted by Ian Harris
The only two places I know are Watling Tyres in Catford and BAT Motorcycles on the Biggin Hill Airport Industrial estate. I used to get my Firestorm done at Catford, and they were always pretty good at doing a "while you wait" service. Never had any after market pipes on it, so can't comment on Termi-friendlyness.

On the downside, some of the clientele was a little shady to say the least, and I didn't fancy anyone taking a fancy to my 996r and doing the DVLC address check thing and paying my garage a nocturnal visit

BAT in Biggin Hill only do a "morning" or "afternoon" time, meaning you might be hanging a round a bit and they also ask that pipes are road legal. Apart from that, they're a friendly bunch (a bloke in the sales area has a 748 and a Monster and used to work for DUK) and you get to look at a bizarre mix of imports in their showroom.

Sorry I've got no termi-freindly recommendations...I couldn't find one when I was looking last month.

Thanks Ian,

The Termi isn't stamped 'not for road use', so I'm hoping they'll let it slide as it's a real pain .i.t.a. to swap back to the standard can.

Cheers,
Lee

rcgbob44 23-Mar-2006 17:38

Try Greyhound Motors at West Croydon, nice guys and they will do it while you waite if you ask them when you book it in. I had no problems with my pipes.

Ian Harris 23-Mar-2006 19:24

Quote:

Originally posted by rcgbob44
Try Greyhound Motors at West Croydon, nice guys and they will do it while you waite if you ask them when you book it in. I had no problems with my pipes.

Probably worth a trip to Croydon, I reckon Watling Tyres in Catford are a 50:50 bet to pass Termis and BAT are a definite fail, going by my conversations with them.