Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Good quality chains......... (/showthread.php?t=6251)

everton 29-Mar-2004 23:19

Good quality chains.........

Looking again at the chain on my 999 I'm disappointed with the way it has reacted to the great British winter………….also I never realised how slack it had become until Saturday.

Even with WD40 baths and chain lube it looks pretty had it already so…………..

I want to get a decent chain……………..any suggestions recommendations as searching the net tonight there are plenty of choices.

Also Roy (Triple Nine) recommends chain wax whereas I’ve been using the ‘it won’t fling off’ chain lube which tends to fling off. I know there was another thread recently but what was the recommendation?

So pointers for chains & chain wax please……………there’s a beer in it for the best recommendation.
:D:D:D

Glyn 29-Mar-2004 23:24

nelly & mike davis both recomend the Tsubaki SigmaR chain

dave w 30-Mar-2004 00:26

Dave.... Go the hole hog and fit a 520 conversion... Just like the race boys use.... AFAM or DID but the best set is REGINA light weight but high strength.... gold coloured outer plates.... high carbon alloy pins... solid bushes....shot-peened plates and rollers.... pre stretched.... as used by fila ducati....what more can you say !!!! Oh and as for chain lube try PJ1 ace stuff used it for years, 100% synthetic non-fling...... Thats a large JD for me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Andyl 30-Mar-2004 13:35

Can't recommend a chain as I've never had a bike long enough to replace one but I use Castrol chain wax on my chains. I find it coats the chain well and doesn't fling off at all.

Dibble 30-Mar-2004 13:47

those Tsubaki SigmaR chains are very "bling bling" though ....

as fitted by Nelly ...