Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   I think its all over............ (/showthread.php?t=16595)

chris99 19-Apr-2005 16:32

I think its all over............

Hi guys,

On Saturday i was in a bike crash that involved four bikes and five people! We were in a line with about five bike lengths between us doing about 60ish when the lead guy (with his wife on the pillion) lost it on a left hander! His bike then spewed oil + petrol across the rode. The guy following had no where to go and (i think) ran over the first rider. I tried to look up the road but was taken out when the second bike bounced across my path:o I t-boned it and tumbled along the grass verge. The guy following me straight lined it into some trees and on the way took out a couple of bollards on the way. The first rider and pillion were in quite a bad way (lots of broken bones)! The second was so badly brused he thought he had a broken leg. The fourth guy was sore all over and was hit in the face by his handlebar! I was the only one not to go to hospital but later that night i was hurting really badly. I couldnt walk on my right ankle and i couldnt get my left arm above my head.

When i stood up it was like a war zone! All the details are here:

http://www.hullbikers.com/viewtopic.php?t=4955

My bike has been pulled apart! Both yokes have split in half and the only thing holding on the front end is the speedo cable!

:o:o

The main thing is that no one is dead and it looks like all will be ok in time.

RIDE SAFE YOU GUYS!!

[Edited on 29-4-2005 by chris99]

TP 19-Apr-2005 16:35

HOLY CRAP!

I hope everyone pulls through ok! Wow, I'm a bit stunned to be honest.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for everyone involved (I'm typing this stuff too often lately!!!)

Felix 19-Apr-2005 16:36

Bleedin' eck! That sounds like a right nightmare. Best wishes to everyone involved. The light at the end of the tunnel will get brighter eventually. Been there myself.

JPM 19-Apr-2005 16:37

Hmmm...

Don't really know what to say, glad you're OK, and get well soon to you any everyone involved, can't imagine what went through your mind at that moment.

Steve M 19-Apr-2005 16:39

best wishes for a full recovery to all

Rob B 19-Apr-2005 16:45

Wow, hope you are all on the mend soonest.

Best regards, Rob

Mr C 19-Apr-2005 16:50

Jezzz you couldnt make that up. Hope you all get better soon.

dickieducati 19-Apr-2005 16:56

sounds horrendous, hope everyone recovers ok from their injuries and get back on two wheels soon if they want to.

Mark 19-Apr-2005 16:59

bloody hell! :o

Hope all have a speedy recovery

rockhopper 19-Apr-2005 17:07

Glad your okay but its a good example of why i wont ride in groups!