Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   R1200gs (/showthread.php?t=33404)

Henners 12-Jul-2006 23:43

R1200gs

Those nice folk at Vines in Guildford lent me a brand new GS for the day today so I went over and had lunch with CK and AK - congrats burd :) - and after a bit of aclimatisation it turned out to be a hoot! Scottch bought one and he told me that he's done more miles on the GS in a few months than he did in two years of Ducati ownership - I now know what he means, plenty of torque, loads of comfort and you're sitting at 4X4 level - really cool after just getting off a 996 :lol:

Could well be convinced to add one to the stable ...

andyb 13-Jul-2006 00:16

May well be the tonic for that bad back.............;) :lol:

bradders 13-Jul-2006 08:24

pity I aint taller...altho they do lowering kits and its probably same kind of size as a numpty

CK 13-Jul-2006 08:29

so you did get 'into' it in the end?:confused:

Certainly looked quite comfy when you were going up the road:)

Henners 13-Jul-2006 09:53

Took your advice Charlotte and spent a bit of time adjusting a few things, did a lot of miles and it started to make sense.

Rob B 13-Jul-2006 10:20

Yep, considering a GS or a KTM Adventurer too. There's a reason there so damm popular. My 1100S has all the engine/shaft/luggage/touring attributes but the comfort should be better on the more upright trailies.

go on, you know it makes sense...

Henners 13-Jul-2006 11:57

Yep Bob, you're right

... just ordered a new one, without ABS, in red/black, get it next weekend :)

Jools 13-Jul-2006 12:14

Blimey Henners....

You get through bikes the way most people get through wine gums...although a wine gum probably lasts longer :p

Ackcherly, I've always thought I'd quite like one of them myself as an everyday bike, just can't afford one.

Enjoy it!

psychlist 13-Jul-2006 12:15

Just cos you're too old for a 'Strada :frog:

BDG 13-Jul-2006 12:57

1 Attachment(s)
Too late for Henners there's no saving the man from his madness but Rob, have a go on the KTM Adventure 950, quite simply its brilliant. Capable of scratching, touring, commuting, off road and a bloody good laugh. The best non sports bike, bike i've ridden.