Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   whoopsie! (/showthread.php?t=16815)

chicken 25-Apr-2005 22:57

whoopsie!

that's me running off the track, onto the grass and into the gravel today at Snetterton.

At first I thought the gearbox had siezed but in hindsight it was finding a false neutral dropping from 5th to 4th at the end of the start/finish straight.

With no engine braking, I found myself coming in faster than I thought I could get it around. Two choices - try to make it around the corner anyway and go down on the tarmac, or stand the bike up and try to brake before reaching the gravel. I can't say I made the right choice as my plan didn't work, but the damage was limited to a bent brake lever, a kilo of gravel in the fins and bellypan and some grassy stains at strategic points. Top tip for the future - grass is softer than tarmac!

I was less fortunate than the bike. No broken bones but my ankle is doing a great impression of a balloon. Riding the 40 miles home from Antonye's probably didn't help either.
Said ankle is now elevated and I plan to be waited on hand and foot for the next few days. Can't guarantee to be fit for Cadwell but as much chicken soup as I can drink should help (does that qualify as cannibalism?!).

Piccies will be coming - Focused Events got the whole scene on camera. Unfortunately, the disc is in my bag downstairs and I don't think I can face the stairs for a couple of days....

Who is the designated muppet designer? You'll have to sort it quick as I fully intend to pass on the mantle on Saturday!:devil:

cheers, Chi

AK 25-Apr-2005 23:01

Blimey Chi, hope the ankle goes down.
Elevation, cold compresses & anti inflamatories.

Might be worth a check over at the local hospital? - nip down before the pubs turn out & say you 'slid over';)

Better safe than sorry:)

Need any help in fixing the bike?

C

phoenix n max 25-Apr-2005 23:01

Oh blimey - bad luck. Hope you're up and about soon.

domski 25-Apr-2005 23:03

Sorry to hear the news Chi, but at least you're OK ish and get to be treated like a MotoGP star at home in the build up to Cadders ;)

TP 25-Apr-2005 23:05

RICE

You should know what it means!

Well, I hope you're ok mate. And that you and the bike will be on the grid at Cadwell - be a shame not to be.

GsxrAge 25-Apr-2005 23:06

Get well soon mate.

chicken 25-Apr-2005 23:07

Thanks Charlotte but incredibly the only thing that needs doing is a new rear brake lever! The can is dented but works although I was grinding it down in earlier sessions.

Domski, I get treated like that all the time - just thought I would give the masses a small glimpse into the rock star world of the chicken:lol:

ali 25-Apr-2005 23:11

Bugger Chi! You don't wanna do that! Can't believe you went hunting in the potato field!!:o

As CK says, keep it up (:o), loads of ibuprofen and absolutely no kick-boxing!:lol:

Take care and get well for the weekend, I'll expect to see you on the grid. :ninja:

Cheers,

Ali

Monty 26-Apr-2005 00:08

That's a shame Chi, you probably could have got round-you can carry HUGE amounts of speed round that corner.

John

madmav 26-Apr-2005 00:12

chi i'm not laughing:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

why wer'nt you on the DT:lol::lol::lol: