Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   leathers (/showthread.php?t=29910)

Dominic Clegg 27-Apr-2006 12:21

leathers

i put i little hole in my leathers in the left arm. can it be repared if so where can i get it done and how much

Trudi Riders Rep 27-Apr-2006 12:40

leathers repair

hi dom i know a very good lady called cath who repairs leathers i dont know how far away she is from you she lives in woodcote heres a contact number for her if this is any good for you 01491 681143

Dunc 27-Apr-2006 12:45

Dom, can't give you a specific answer, but there are little cottage industry types doing this all over the place. You should be able to find someone in the Bradford/Leeds area. Ask at your nearest bike shop. Should only cost a few pounds

domski 27-Apr-2006 12:50

Gaffer tape :D

Dominic Clegg 27-Apr-2006 12:57

Quote:

Originally posted by domski

looks cheep but may end up doing that

multi600 27-Apr-2006 13:07

Quote:

Originally posted by Dominic Clegg
Quote:

Originally posted by domski

looks cheep but may end up doing that

Was good enough for kevin, Barry and Mick:lol::lol:

yeti 27-Apr-2006 13:19

Crusader Leathers at Chesterfield would do the job. The are pretty good, but call and check forst as they sometimes can't do leathers with welded in armour.

antonye 27-Apr-2006 15:41

If you're as much of a cheapskate as you make out, get a patch of leather (make sure it's suitable though, so nice and thick) as cheap as you can (hint: charity shops for old jackets, gloves, boots, etc) and then cut to size and sew it on yourself. You don't need any special tools and as long as you make a decent job of it (stitch round it three times for safety!) then it should be fine.

domski 27-Apr-2006 15:42

Araldite it too ;)

mjbayley 27-Apr-2006 15:59

Hi Dom,

Don't take this the wrong way but " Cobblers" !

http://www.google.co.uk/local?hl=en&lr=&cr=countryUK|countryGB&q=shoe+repa irs&near=Bradford&sa=X&oi=local&ct=title

Give em a phone and see if they can help !

Mark B the Pit Bitch !