Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Hello first post, 916 wanted please (/showthread.php?t=84319)

Buellie 29-Apr-2011 19:22

Hello first post, 916 wanted please

Hi I am new here......

I am looking to buy a 916 and have been offered one or two with no history or somewhat dodgy history.
I am after a nice clean bike, prefer the early decals so a '95 ish bike would be perfect. I am a fairly fussy buyer but will pay for the right bike. Must have a good history and be in very nice condition with reasonable miles. Please contact me if you have anything interesting on or text me and I will call you back. I am based in Essex but will travel.

Thanks Ray

Sorry I cannot put this is the classifieds for some reason

smilo006 30-Apr-2011 06:28

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2752906.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2620443.htm

to start with...

Buellie 02-May-2011 20:53

Thanks for the links. The Foggy rep is way above my budget. I am in discussions with the owner of the other one. Thanks

Gobert23 03-May-2011 11:37

Not a bad lookin' machine, with a 'honest' lookin' advert, from what I've glanced over...

Personally, the additional decals (whipped from a 'Foggy' Rep) are all wrong, so I'd be very tempted to whip out the hairdryer and get them all peaked back and leave it nice, clean and standard (with maybe an 'Agip' decal or two)

;)

Buellie 03-May-2011 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobert23
Not a bad lookin' machine, with a 'honest' lookin' advert, from what I've glanced over...

Personally, the additional decals (whipped from a 'Foggy' Rep) are all wrong, so I'd be very tempted to whip out the hairdryer and get them all peaked back and leave it nice, clean and standard (with maybe an 'Agip' decal or two)

;)

My thoughts entirely.....

Monty 03-May-2011 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buellie
Thanks for the links. The Foggy rep is way above my budget. I am in discussions with the owner of the other one. Thanks

Love to know what the guy with the Foggy rep has been smoking-nice bike-but £12,000.........................
Unless it's a case of 'well I advertised it dear but no-one seems to want to buy it...........................'

John

smilo006 03-May-2011 20:42

a 916sps went for 26k at Bonhams recently.....well it was 002 and it has like 20 miles on the clock.

Take a look at this....
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2732400.htm

By then they could put then together very well. It has 996/8R brakes so they dont feel like wood. Titanium exhausts are great as they dont miscolour like the carbon ones. No ohlins front forks but I doubt you would notice unless reall pushing it. New chain and sprockets, alarmed. Whats not to like?

Gobert23 04-May-2011 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by smilo006

That's rather tidy that and seems like a fair price to me...

Some nice lil' touches (not fussed about that screen), with the Renthal carrier making life easier for a new owner (not a cheap item to source separately)

Quote:

Originally Posted by smilo006
It has 996/8R brakes so they dont feel like wood.

I'm not up to speed with the specifications of the later models, but didn't all the 998's (Testastretta engined bikes) have the uprated, 4-pad, Brembo calipers?

G:cool:

jacknash 06-May-2011 17:34

Think the 998 bip did not have p4 caliper but the s did? Very confusing genre esp. With diff between euro/us models. I think pre 97 suffer less flakey chrome issues. Pick a wrongun and u might as well pay the extra for the 998
Dont bother with ohlins front they leak with regular annoyance, I have owned three rsvr / factory n they all went. Std showa are good forks

smilo006 07-May-2011 18:27

buellie....so are you going to get one then?