Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   999 exhaust ? (/showthread.php?t=8008)

Totto 06-Jun-2004 02:11

999 exhaust ?

I have been asked by a fellow Ducati rider who rides a 999BP to find out whats avaliable in the way of exhausts for the 999 , as i ride 998 i have no info on the subject so am asking you lot !
He is not worried about masive power gains just a bit more noise
Any info would b e great !:)

KeefyB 06-Jun-2004 07:41

There was a thread on this a little while ago.The best bet is to go for the Termignoni assymetrical system.No real power gains,but the price has recently dropped to under a grand.Included in the kit is a pair of air filters and a new CPU.Fitting this wont affect warranty etc.If its more power you are after,then the 2-1-2 systems are the way to go.Expext a price of 2k+!
One of the best looking systems is the LeoVince but the price is silly money.
Casoli do a twin can (996 style) and single can system but both are pretty ugly.
The ugliest of all tho,are the Akropovic and Marving cans,truely hideous.
I found another nice set up while in the 'States made by HPE Tubistyle.No doubt the price will be equal to a small family saloon car!!:o:o:o
There is one light at the end of the tunnel,a guy who posts on this very board,Spyke 748,does a can and exchange front pipe for around 550 quid.Might be worth doing a search to find his details.
Hope this helps.:)

Totto 06-Jun-2004 12:16

Thanks for the info ,hopefully its for a new DSC member , the first option seems most likely as the bike is quite new
:bouncy:

[Edited on 6-6-2004 by Totto]