Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Anyone used these clutches? (/showthread.php?t=39619)

moto748 11-Dec-2006 20:56

Anyone used these clutches?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/clutch-kit-inc... cmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kit-frizione-D...QQcmdZViewItem

And, duh, when I first tried to test those links I couldn't get them to work, but that was because of the Google toolbar blocking pop-ups, so you just have press the Ctrl button whilst you click on the links.
But I'm sure you all knew that. :p

wayned 11-Dec-2006 22:38

If thats the guys in Germany who make baskets with titanium inserts I'd say they look quality but havent fitted the basket yet. I'm not sure if i'll need a bigger clutch cover as they warn that you may need one.

moto748 12-Dec-2006 18:53

They stock baskets and plates and pressure plates separately, but the baskets are plain anodised ergal, no Ti inserts.

These come from Italy, not Germany.

Got a link to the kit you bought, wayned?

Jon 12-Dec-2006 18:59

Well Bucchi carbon plates are well over £140.00 and an ergal basket would be over £100.00. Not a bad buy. What would concern me was the ergal of the basket. If its not matched with the plates, it won't last long even though they are ali friction plates.

moto748 12-Dec-2006 19:17

Well the 'stock' (ie, non-slipper) STM clutch I ran had an ally basket and steel plates, and that lasted OK.

I thought it all looked OK, although you've got to factor in fairly hefty P&P charges. but I don't need a clutch *just* yet, and I hoping someone else would be the guinea-pig! ;)

BYW, the term "slipper" is sooo boring. I think we should all start using the German term "anti-hopping"!

Jon 12-Dec-2006 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by moto748
Well the 'stock' (ie, non-slipper) STM clutch I ran had an ally basket and steel plates, and that lasted OK.

I thought it all looked OK, although you've got to factor in fairly hefty P&P charges. but I don't need a clutch *just* yet, and I hoping someone else would be the guinea-pig! ;)

BYW, the term "slipper" is sooo boring. I think we should all start using the German term "anti-hopping"!

Being a slipper helped , if it was a std grabby clutch it wouldn't have lasted very long

moto748 13-Dec-2006 07:08

You might want to read my post again, Jon! :p

Jon 13-Dec-2006 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by moto748
You might want to read my post again, Jon! :p

Your one of the lucky ones then, my basket lasted less than a 1000miles