Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   WSB endcan and BikeSafe..... (/showthread.php?t=16931)

necroscope 28-Apr-2005 11:15

WSB endcan and BikeSafe.....

Have booked myself in for a BikeSafe evaluation for early next month, but i'm worried about the noise that the WSB endcan produces. I've read on the BikeSafe site that there're more interested in rider safety than small number plates and after market exhausts but still, it is pretty noisy. So, to my question: is there a way of muffling the noise? I know this probably seems like heresy, but I thought i'd ask.
I know I could always put the original exhaust back on, but the tube the electrics are fed through snapped off when it was taken off for the first time, so any advice would be appreciated. :D

ak47 28-Apr-2005 11:19

They really don't care. After I went on it the policemen had their bike to go home on and all of them had questionable cans and plates.

Michael J 28-Apr-2005 11:20

I did a Bikesafe course a couple of years ago in Peterborough. After three weekly classroom sessions, we then had an assessed ride and the officers in the classroom stressed that they weren't interested in loud cans or small plates. They did say that they would not entertain untaxed bikes which would be considered "Taking the p**ss". Why not speak to them first to find out if its a problem.

necroscope 28-Apr-2005 11:30

Quote:

Originally posted by ak47
They really don't care. After I went on it the policemen had their bike to go home on and all of them had questionable cans and plates.

That's reassuring! Has anyone with the WSB can been turned away from a trackday for exceeding noise restrictions?

chris999 28-Apr-2005 12:09

did bike safe with devon and cornwall last year,
they are interested in insurance and tax.
i kept race unit on and when i got back they all commeted what a lovely "roar" the bike produced and how good it sounds..
a couple of points during riding (in countryside) i far exceded the posted limit (a sort of comfortable daydream thing !!)
no problem-- safety is the thing !!!

Dibble 28-Apr-2005 12:44

You'll be fine ..... Surrey Bikesafe did a DSC only day last year (organised by Webbyc) and I don't think we had more than 2 or 3 standard cans amongst the 16 or so bikes that attended ....... they did insist on seeing insurance & tax .... so its not a problem mate ....

dave w 28-Apr-2005 14:59

Your be fine.... Just take some ear plugs with you for the other riders ! ;)

necroscope 28-Apr-2005 15:44

thanks for the replies everyone, i'm almost looking forward to it now.