Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Which model ducati monster has two lights? (/showthread.php?t=84176)

G051 03-Apr-2011 12:35

Which model ducati monster has two lights?

Hi, i've recently been looking at getting a Ducati Monster and I have found a few pictures of the 2000 style monster but with dual lights which looks in my view incredible. But I cant find out which year and model this is.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tonio600 03-Apr-2011 13:34

It must have been a mod. No Monster ever came out of the factory with 2 lights.

yorkie 03-Apr-2011 15:53

Where did you find the pictures? They might help us identify the bike, as Tonio has said it must be a mod!

Yorkie

skidlids 03-Apr-2011 20:14

I was going to say all Monsters come with two lights One front and one rear

But I guessed you meant front lights, so I'm thinking of the after market stacked system contained in a small bikini fairing that I have seen on a few bikes

Chaz 04-Apr-2011 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
I was going to say all Monsters come with two lights One front and one rear

But I guessed you meant front lights, so I'm thinking of the after market stacked system contained in a small bikini fairing that I have seen on a few bikes

& they look awful yukk.

Gobert23 04-Apr-2011 15:02

I think I remember the bike that you're talking about, but it wasn't an 'official' machine...

I'll need to dig out some old catalogues, but I'm sure I've seen a Monster (in the official accessories catalogue) that had a stacked (one above the other) projector headlight arrangement (sort of chrome and yellow bodywork?)

You'll be lucky to ever track one down (given the price of the parts, even then) and the fact the the single/round headlight arrangement is a well loved 'classic' style.

G:cool:

Tonio600 04-Apr-2011 21:06

There you go, one for sale:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=40621

Not my cup of tea but I can understand that it might appeal to some. Though I'm sure there must be more than 1 model of aftermarket stacked headlights for Monster.

KeefyB 05-Apr-2011 10:32

2001 DP catalogue has a set of Monster twin headlights.They are side by side,not stacked.

G051 05-Apr-2011 18:38

Wow thanks guys! Really good response and faster than I expected! I found the ebay post I saw the dual headlights on:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1156

Its ended but hopefully you should be able to see the pictures.

My gut instinct suggests like Tonio600 says it is a mod but the ebay post suggest its genuine.. So not sure.

Also sorry to anyone who likes that bike you posted but that is disgusting! haha

But be good to hear your thoughts on the link in my view does look quite unique.

Thanks again

George

yorkie 05-Apr-2011 18:52

They look like after market Bates style headlights, an easy mod if you get a standard bike.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Twin-Streetfig...em1e62a addc8

Yorkie