Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Yahoo password hijacking & email spamming (/showthread.php?t=187559)

Iconic944ss 08-Mar-2013 13:55

Yahoo password hijacking & email spamming

Yahoo seems to be plagued with problems of late.

After my Hotmail account getting a rouge email from a family member, which contained a malicious web link. Today, another appears from my other-halfs Yahoo account when she wasn't even logged on!

A quick read of resolutions, advised resetting password to much more complex, number, letter and symbol combination. Setting up a sign-in seal, (from account settings) and trying to set a 'second sign-in' conformation, which sends a code to a mobile number you enter and also alerts you if someone signs in to your account using a non-verified device. Sadly, the initial text msg never worked so it ain't active.

BUT - checking the login activity log via the same account settings page showed a login this morning from bloody Romania!!!

Be careful with / of any odd Yahoo mail

antonye 08-Mar-2013 14:22

Great!

Sky is switching everyone from gmail to yahoo for their default email. Although gmail has issues with pop3 retrieval (which I can live with!) if yahoo is as bad as this then spam will take a massive leap as everyone who has a sky broadband switches!!!

:rolleyes:

Jasper 08-Mar-2013 19:25

I got hacked this morning at 1am. Sent spam to my whole address book:(

Col996s 08-Mar-2013 19:25

yes BT forced me to change my Yahoo password last night. Trouble is everyone else was trying to do the same thing at the same time and I could not get onto the right webpage.
Spent 35 mins holding on the phone to a man in India who changed it for me. I have since been able to get on and change it again.