Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Going to school...CSS (/showthread.php?t=14012)

beancounter 08-Feb-2005 14:16

Weeksy, thanks for that - but where ? Silverstone's 10 minutes from me so I don't have to bother with accomodation etc.

Rattler 08-Feb-2005 14:17

I reckon its value for money, it is expensive, so I won't say "great" value for money, but in my opinion and that of many others, its the best race school in the country.

You can go for cheaper options, but you didn't buy a Ducati to take a cheaper option did you?????

Tim:ninja:

lizzie 08-Feb-2005 14:39

Beancounter - if taking a day off is a problem, why not do Rocky on Easter Saturday or Sunday (Dickie and co are there on Sunday). No more expensive than on a weekday and no day off needed. Rocky's not that far from Silverstone is it (they're both north of Watford aren't they :D )?

dickieducati 08-Feb-2005 14:41

yes you could come and laugh at me going round on my monster.

beancounter 08-Feb-2005 14:42

Lizzie - nice idea and thanks for the thought

But just booked to go away at Easter, also I don't really fancy Rockingham - too many people seem to fall off there !

I've been round Silverstone before, ok the National circuit not Stowe, so I think I'd feel more comfortable.

Rocky's not too far but still a fair ride after a hard day at school !

beancounter 08-Feb-2005 14:45

Dickie you'll still be faster on a monster than me on my SPS, that's why I need professional help (well one of many reasons actually)

Brent 08-Feb-2005 14:55

Looking at it long term, it has to be value for money compared to spending the same on a few bits for the bike.

It's the same principle as golf - what's going to improve your score, some lessons or fancy new equipment?? (I don't have lessons, and play cr*p!) :D

beancounter 08-Feb-2005 15:26

er......I assume the answer is "Brands" then ?

beancounter 08-Feb-2005 16:01

Much appreciate your help Mr Weeks

Redruth 08-Feb-2005 19:34

In spite of my reservations about the rather too controlling approach of the CSS, I was talking about this with Lizzie, Mike and Neil last Friday and once again was told it's well worth the money.

Lizzie pointed out that it's the only way to get time on track without it being an actual trackday environment. So I reckon I'm probably going to do one of these. As Rocky's so notoriously slippery in the wet, I'd be opting for May at Silverstone.

Do they get booked up quickly or can I leave it a month or so before committing to it?