Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   996 Service recommendation... (/showthread.php?t=3648)

Yellow 996 JQ-London 02-Oct-2003 13:35

996 Service recommendation...

Previously used Pro Twins in Surrey but can anyone recommend ducato service in the london / surrounding area?
Any experience of avid Robinson?
Bike is X-reg and just coming to 3 years old. it has done 5.5k miles.
Looking for best recommendations etc...
thanks!

Dibble 02-Oct-2003 14:34

Depending on where in London you are you may also want to consider Neil Spalding at Sigma Performance ...

www.sigmaperformance.co.uk

ozdavid 13-Oct-2003 15:05

Dave Robinson

Re your enquiry about Dave Robinson, I use him and have no complaints at all. Being apprehensive, I did check out workshop etc beforehand so recc this if you want to be sure. Workmanship and price A1.

955matt 13-Oct-2003 19:47

Hi as weeksy said tecmoto have a very good right up,check out there web site for customers fed back,they have a brand new work shop and are very helpfull.They will also pick your bike up and drop it back within a 50 mile radius.(always handy).

Matt:sing::roll:

rcgbob44 14-Oct-2003 08:49

Yellow
If you used ProTwins b4, why not use them again?

Dibble 14-Oct-2003 10:09

hey lots not start on that conversation again ..... I think the ProV Twins subject has been done to death ....

pguenet 15-Oct-2003 00:33

Dave Robinson is a very nice chap and knows Ducatis very well as he has been working on them for about 30 years! He also offers very good value for money. But make sure you discuss with him and list everything that needs doing on the bike as I am not certain that he checks rockers / cams / valve clearances as standard for instance. Also if you want special racing oil, etc, you might have to supply it yourself.

Other reputable independents in the area are Patrick Foley (I think that he is around Surbiton / New Morden) and GR Ducati in Wimbledon.