Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   TomTom Rider (/showthread.php?t=39622)

wayned 11-Dec-2006 22:08

TomTom Rider

Now I've bought a rider I see how neat the Garmin mounts are for the ST(thought the unit too pricey though).
Has anyone else mounted a TT Rider on an ST .. I've noticed that all the supplied brackets are as useful as a new hole in the head.

psychlist 12-Dec-2006 07:05

Dunno what sort of bars you got on the ST but I've fixed the std TT bike mount to the handlebar of my Multi immediately to the left of the bar clamps, that way the unit sits directly under the speedo without any of the vibes that the screen gets and doesn't obscure the key ;)

Rushjob 12-Dec-2006 09:29

I've replaced one of the clip on mounting bolts on the top yoke with a ram ball mount on an 8mm stud. This gives a really solid mounting location which I fit my Garmin 2610 to.
The total cost was about £35 for the ball and Ram mount system.

Rushjob 12-Dec-2006 10:47

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic......

andyb748 12-Dec-2006 11:26

contact www.001bike.co.uk as they have links to some really good quality mounts for all bikes. i dont think they are listed as products but send an email to lookingfor@001bike.co.uk and they will point you in the right direction

hope this helps

andy

wayned 03-Jan-2007 18:06

Just in case anyone else wants to try doing this here was the solution I found and I like a lot :

http://www.motoreva.com/

You can arrange the Tomtom so it sits just above the ignition lock on the tank.. or higher if you prefer, keeping it easily visible, a help as it sometimes forgets to let you know which lane to peel off into.
It also meant I got to change the steering heade nut some A*****e ripped up when tightening the steering head bearings after fitting them.

Iconic944ss 03-Jan-2007 19:33

Noticed in passing :

http://www.ducatidesigns.com/ducati_sport_touring?b=1

Frank