Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Wtd lightweight rearsets (/showthread.php?t=79180)

Tonio600 18-Apr-2009 20:28

Wtd lightweight rearsets

I was trying to figure out how to get rid of 16kg on the Monster when I realised that my rearsets were awfully heavy (standard SSie rearsets fitted using 10mm thick aluminium brackets...).

I know about the Race Supplies Direct at £99 on eBay but I was wondering if they were a lot lighter than the SSie ones I am using atm. Anyone knows how much they weight?

Other than those, what are my options? The cheaper the better obviously.

chris.p 18-Apr-2009 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonio600
I was trying to figure out how to get rid of 16kg on the Monster when I realised that my rearsets were awfully heavy (standard SSie rearsets fitted using 10mm thick aluminium brackets...).

I know about the Race Supplies Direct at £99 on eBay but I was wondering if they were a lot lighter than the SSie ones I am using atm. Anyone knows how much they weight?

Why not drop Carl a question re the wheight of the rearsets via his ebay shop???

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/race...fromZQQ_m doZ

Chris:burn:

paynep 18-Apr-2009 21:21

Quote:

I was trying to figure out how to get rid of 16kg on the Monster

Start with an SS ;)

Or cut a leg off? :lol:

mat2hew 18-Apr-2009 21:27

what do they weigh?

I have in the past discovered that things are not always way as much as they look, ally is quite light after all, If yours only weigh 500g and a £100 set weighs 400g thats cost you £1 per gram, so to loose 16,000g (16Kg) would cost you how much!

I actually did buy some ally rear sets for about £100 I think, But if I could have made a set for £10, I would have.

All said and done, they do look good and I love my bike, But where do you stop spending money?

anyone know where I can get one of those under seat exhaust made to cut aerodynamics?

Mat 72

P.s. My bike weighed 168kg with a slight rearward bias, but sit a fat bloke like me on top it doesn't make much differance.

Scooter916 18-Apr-2009 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by mat2hew
I have in the past discovered that things are not always way as much as they look, ally is quite light after all, If yours only weigh 500g and a £100 set weighs 400g thats cost you £1 per gram, so to loose 16,000g (16Kg) would cost you how much!

I actually did buy some ally rear sets for about £100 I think, But if I could have made a set for £10, I would have.

All said and done, they do look good and I love my bike, But where do you stop spending money?

anyone know where I can get one of those under seat exhaust made to cut aerodynamics?

Mat 72

P.s. My bike weighed 168kg with a slight rearward bias, but sit a fat bloke like me on top it doesn't make much differance.

I Know where there is a large bore underseat pipe for sale..... Its just attached to a DD bike thats the only problem.....
Keep an eye on e bay tomorow....LOL

AK 18-Apr-2009 21:59

froggy. the race supplies ones are light but you will need monster ones as the ss ones bolt to a different position. get the monster ones he does.
we use them but they go onto a bit of durual (sp?) ally which is light but strong so i have drilled them so that i could move them back. but try them std to start with.
get rid of other heavy brackets like the one that holds your rear shock canister too all things like that add up mate

Scooter916 18-Apr-2009 22:25

:( :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=330323341168

skidlids 18-Apr-2009 22:34

Quote:

I could weigh my standard SSie ones and also remove the ones Carl made for me from my 750SSie and weigh them, but the best route would be to follow AKs advice and get the Monster ones that Carl makes and try and keep adapter brackets to a minimum

Tonio600 18-Apr-2009 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mat2hew

Been there done that :D
This is my last season racing, so I just want to treat the bike and myself a bit before retiring :)

Scooter916 18-Apr-2009 22:48

tonio whats the latest at the le mans 24hr, I have done a search but its all in bloody french