Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Number Plates & the boys in blue !! (/showthread.php?t=6136)

Chris 999S 24-Mar-2004 17:53

Number Plates & the boys in blue !!

I got "pulled over" by a patrol car this afternoon........(riding sensibly & within the speed limits). "your number plate is not of the required size". Plod produced a rule & details of the required number plate size for motorcycles. The letters on your plate are 2 & 1/8" high, when it should be 2 & 1/2" high !!! (9.525mm too short). Definately something for crime watch then (OK all the letters & numbers, were on the same line, instead of being in two parts). Plod gave me form 664/documents & rectification......."if i catch you again -- £30 fine OK".

Ohh well.....didn't even look at the DP termi 57mm system :lol:

You have been warned....

Chris

NBs996 24-Mar-2004 17:57

Same happened to me a couple of years back chris.
Only my numbers were 1/8", yes one eighth of an inch, too small - and I got a twenty quid fine! Lost a little bit of respect for the traffic dept after that one.

the phantom pieman 24-Mar-2004 18:34

So, if it's illegal, why whine when you are caught?

Lets face it .... part of this is bravado and done to antagonise .....

You got a producer .... so what!!

NBs996 24-Mar-2004 18:46

because it's not a big enough deal to waste 20 minutes of public time and cost me 20 quid when 1/8th of a inch doesn't show any intent to break the law :mad:
Then the cheif constable says they're under-resourced.
so quit tellin me not to winge.

soap box time over.... happy again :)

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Moderator]

the phantom pieman 24-Mar-2004 18:59

You could just put a normal number plate on it, then they wouldn't stop you. Then you wouldn't have to waste everyone elses time posting your whinge ......:lol:

And anyway, I was refering to Chris .... you don't think they pulled you over for riding a ugly bike , do you ?

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by the phantom pieman]

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Moderator]

NBs996 24-Mar-2004 19:09

sorry pieman, must be my time of the month.

Chris 999S 24-Mar-2004 19:29

Well Mr Pieman.....as the old saying goes: "my bike = your face"

:lol:

Road Runner 24-Mar-2004 19:35

me too mine was a 1/4" to small didnt help maters me saying he should be out catching real criminals he went over the bike like a rash trying to find something wrong with it and then they wonder why we call them PIGS or worst.

:mad::mad::mad:

kwikbitch 24-Mar-2004 20:13

They are only doing a job...And jumping through the hoops that the goverment ask them to.
If you worked in the public sector then you'd know...You have targets to work to.
AND as a school Ma'am...I always say "if you do something unkind to someone they will do it back"...
What did you expect roadrunner???
You'd have probably ended up with a converstaion about how nice your bike was and an apology as he gave you a producer....

the phantom pieman 24-Mar-2004 20:23

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris 999S
Well Mr Pieman.....as the old saying goes: "my bike = your face"

:lol:

Sorry Chris, even I'm not that ugly !!! Maybe in the wrong light, granted .... but at least my mum and dad didn't try and revamp me after a year!!!! :lol::lol::lol: