Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Nearly there !!!!! (/showthread.php?t=7338)

Nattyboy 10-May-2004 01:48

Nearly there !!!!!

Well, I k now it doesnt like much, but this is the result of many hours cutting/sanding/fixing/skinned knuckles/swearing etc !!!!

Think its done...even cut a hole it so I can store my tools etc and access them under the seat....

Im quite chuffed...!! Thought I would post a picture so you can all see what it looks like before and after (when I get it back from the painters !)

Can I take this opportunity to publicly thank Kev (PITCREW), whose advice/help on the project has been invaluable - top bloke.

Cheers
Nat

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Nattyboy]

Nattyboy 10-May-2004 01:49

One showing underseat storage access....

Nat

Queen_gravelpants 10-May-2004 08:15

Looking good Nat

Are you having the unit painted plain red or having number boards/ white stripe?

Good idea about having underseat access too, I really must sort out fitting a single unit on mine now.

Nattyboy 10-May-2004 08:41

Std SP5 style C (see below)..want to keep it looking as std as possible (have sourced all the original stickers/bum pad etc too).

The guy whos painting it is superb..(hes won loads of competitions) hes just finished an 851 in black & gold with hand sprayed decals/white number boards front & back and its stunning...will take my camera thursday and get some shots for you.

Its up for sale too..ohlins front and back...around £3k..only thing is its been fitted with an SS motor !!

Looking good on the trackday girl !!!

Cheers
Nat

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Nattyboy]

yellow916 12-May-2004 18:28

Nat

Just looked at your photo - where did you get the rear-sets from? They lok much better than the original "things"! Are they adjustable?

Andrew

Nattyboy 12-May-2004 19:47

Hi Andrew..im not a big fan of the originals either..I mean....rubber footrests on a sports bike...!!!

These are Lucas rearsets, not adjustable, but superb quality...best source is german ebay, expect to pay around £150-£175

Cheers
Nat

888heaven 15-May-2004 21:03

Rear Sets

Hi Natty
I know its a bit of a cheek but any chance of short blast on the T8 with those RS on as Im 6'1 and ive no idea if they would work with my lankyness.
ian

yellow916 16-May-2004 01:08

Ian/Nat

Interesting point. What I'd really like in some rearsets is a little *more* legroom (I know that's not what they're usually for!). I've heard that Cyclecat make some adjustable rests, anyone know for sure if they fit?

Andrew

Gordy 16-May-2004 22:48

Hi guy's. it's looking good so far Nat, and just to follow on from the last 2 posts, I also find the T8 a little cramped since my leg operation. and could do with some rearsets that move my feet a bit further back, and as you have pointed out they are more in keeping with a sports bike.

Can't wait to see the post paint pictures Nat.

Take care all, Gordy.

Rob B 17-May-2004 18:52

The guys on the american 8xx site are pushing Alex (Cyclecat) for some rear sets. Don't hold you breath, but he may succumb to pressure.

Rgds, Rob

Quote:

Originally posted by yellow916
Ian/Nat

Interesting point. What I'd really like in some rearsets is a little *more* legroom (I know that's not what they're usually for!). I've heard that Cyclecat make some adjustable rests, anyone know for sure if they fit?

Andrew