Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DSC Website - Help and Notices (/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Website News (RSS) Feeds (/showthread.php?t=86270)

antonye 14-Mar-2012 16:43

Website News (RSS) Feeds

All,

I've managed to get the RSS feeds working, so articles are dumped into the News Feeds forum for you to browse.

Most feeds from Crash.Net just contain a couple of lines and a link to the story, others may have the full story.

The News forum needs to be locked (ie, you cannot create threads or reply to them) to ensure it works correctly, but that doesn't stop you copy'n'pasting or referencing threads in other sections.

Finally, if there's another RSS feed that you use which you think would be useful to include, please let me know!

antonye 17-May-2012 16:22

Ok, so the number of news items being generated is massive, and they are throw-away items, so I have purged anything which is over 30 days old from the News Items section.

It still leaves just over 10,000 threads, but it's a good reduction.

antonye 28-May-2012 11:44

A few people have commented that they thought the "New Posts" number was broken as it was much higher than what they were seeing.

This was down to the forum including the posts to the News Feeds in this total - it was correct but the number was just inflated because of the huge amount of posts going in to this news section.

So I've turned this off ;)

Ghost 28-May-2012 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
A few people have commented that they thought the "New Posts" number was broken as it was much higher than what they were seeing.
This was down to the forum including the posts to the News Feeds in this total - it was correct but the number was just inflated because of the huge amount of posts going in to this news section.

Aha that explains a lot, cheers Anth.

Ghost 29-May-2012 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye

Are you sure, I just logged on and saw 29 new posts and there wasn't any.

antonye 29-May-2012 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
Are you sure, I just logged on and saw 29 new posts and there wasn't any.

Hmmm... well, I ticked some boxes!

I guess I better have another look...:rolleyes: