Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Cadwell offski thanks (/showthread.php?t=35342)

Rattler 26-Aug-2006 12:32

Cadwell offski thanks

After my "exit stage left" at Cadwell, i wanted to thank those that helped me get back on the horse.

Especially Chass, Phil and Fordie.

It wasn't my biggest crash, but it was certainly my fastest - thanks guys - its great to have your support.

Just need to win some spare parts on Ebay now!! - oh and for my bruises to heal - I still ache.;)

Thanks again
Tim

fil2 26-Aug-2006 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattler
After my "exit stage left" at Cadwell, i wanted to thank those that helped me get back on the horse.

It wasn't my biggest crash, but it was certainly my fastest - thanks guys - its great to have your support.

Just need to win some spare parts on Ebay now!! - oh and for my bruises to heal - I still ache.;)

Thanks again
Tim

No worries Tim......its what the DD and being in a Team is about.!

ericthered40 26-Aug-2006 16:16

Quote:

Thanks again
Tim

I was tyring to make myself roll, what are you like!!! :D

Totally surreal from were I was fella. and fast it was to must of been in forth by then was it? I remember thinking how flat you and the bike stayed for so long just sliding. When you reached the grass you started pulling away from me again and I had to speed up to stay along side. After what seemed like ages you fell back and I carry on up Park. You did clip the grass with the back wheel on a previous session too there. :eek:

Glad you were back out and at um strait after mate. :lol:

My strait on through Hall late in the afternoon in Inters was a bit of a bum clench-er as it goes. managed to get back to black stuff buy remaining frozen just free wheeling under the trees.

Best time at Cadwell for me so far though, I know whether to go left and right now, just need to sort out when and were.:lol:

WeeJohnyB 26-Aug-2006 16:37

heck of a place to come off mate, hope the bruises are healing fast and the bike is back to normal asap.

All the best

WeeJohnyB

Jon 26-Aug-2006 17:34

Muppet ;)

NBs996 26-Aug-2006 18:15

didn't know you came orf mr rattler.
Why do I miss all the good stuff!

domski 26-Aug-2006 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBs996
didn't know you came orf mr rattler.
Why do I miss all the good stuff!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Which corner was it at?

Rattler 26-Aug-2006 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by domski

Which corner was it at?

Exit of Charlies 2 - onto Park Straight - the front touched the grass on the exit.

chris.p 26-Aug-2006 18:38

1 Attachment(s)
The same thing happened to my Brother in the last Inters session on Tuesday, but he managed it going into Charlies 2, hope you are not feeling to sore Tim.

Chris.p:burn:

domski 26-Aug-2006 18:44

Quote:

Exit of Charlies 2 - onto Park Straight - the front touched the grass on the exit.

What did you do that for?

I could have told you that would have resulted in a crash - Duh!!

;)

Glad you're alright though really :)

Rattler 26-Aug-2006 18:46

Quote:

What did you do that for?

I could have told you that would have resulted in a crash - Duh!!

;)

Glad you're alright though really :)

I was told that I wasn't using enough of the track - so I guess I found the limit.

;)

domski 26-Aug-2006 18:50

Quote:

I was told that I wasn't using enough of the track - so I guess I found the limit.

;)

I think the clue was in the word "track" ;)

ericthered40 26-Aug-2006 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
The same thing happened to my Brother in the last Inters session on Tuesday, but he managed it going into Charlies 2, hope you are not feeling to sore Tim.

Chris.p:burn:

something weird in that session, the first Two fallers had no idea why they came off at charlies One. I was running in Inters in that session and saw them go down and your brother as the first Two were next to us I talked to them after. The fireblade was totally unmarked, I have never seen a bike with as little damage after any off. He was convinced he had gone down on some oil or fluid. Then this one, only fifty yards on? was it unexplained or pilot era?

domski 26-Aug-2006 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericthered40
was it unexplained or pilot era?

Who ya gunna call???

ericthered40 26-Aug-2006 18:58

Quote:

I think the clue was in the word "track" ;)

I thought someone had told him to the best way to go round there was flat out :lol:

chris.p 26-Aug-2006 18:59

Quote:

something weird in that session, the first Two fallers had no idea why they came off at charlies One. I was running in Inters in that session and saw them go down and your brother as the first Two were next to us I talked to them after. The fireblade was totally unmarked, I have never seen a bike with as little damage after any off. He was convinced he had gone down on some oil or fluid. Then this one, only fifty yards on? was it unexplained or pilot era?

I think it was pilot error, Paul (Bionicle) said that he went round a couple of bikes exiting Charlies 1 & when he went to turn into Charlies 2 it was a bit late & he did a Rattler & clipped the grass with the front wheel (you can see this in the picture I put on the other post) & down he went, not to much damage to the bike & apart from scuffed leathers he was ok.

Chris:burn:

domski 26-Aug-2006 19:02

Quote:

I thought someone had told him to the best way to go round there was flat out :lol:

Flat on his back :lol:

TP 26-Aug-2006 19:12

Quote:

It wasn't anything on the racing line I would have thought, I came scooting through there just after all this happened and not a twitch.

domski 26-Aug-2006 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP
I came scooting through there just after all this happened and not a twitch.

He was lying on the grass by then (the twitch) :lol:

I am so gunna fall off at Snetterton

ericthered40 26-Aug-2006 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP
It wasn't anything on the racing line I would have thought, I came scooting through there just after all this happened and not a twitch.

So did I mate lap after lap that session, strange Two at the same time same place like that though on a warm up lap. I know I wasn't pushing on at all at that time? :confused:

Bionicle 26-Aug-2006 19:18

Quote:

I think it was pilot error, Paul (Bionicle)

I thought i rode bikes not flew them :), Yep i am sure in my mind it was error on my side, i had already been round once and seen the two guys sat on the tyre wall, second time round i went round someone on the outside at charlies 1 and am sure i got my line wrong for charlies 2 saw the front wheel drift over the white line tried to push it back out onto the track but the front touched the grass and that was it, so i took up position with the other two and watched the rest of the session from there :)

Hats off to the marshal though he quised me as to why i had fallen asking if there was anything on the track, and even went back for another look to be sure even after i told him it was my fault.

ericthered40 26-Aug-2006 19:20

Quote:

I think it was pilot error, Paul (Bionicle) said that he went round a couple of bikes exiting Charlies 1 & when he went to turn into Charlies 2 it was a bit late & he did a Rattler & clipped the grass with the front wheel (you can see this in the picture I put on the other post) & down he went, not to much damage to the bike & apart from scuffed leathers he was ok.

Chris:burn:

are the old Rattler syndrome a ;)

TP 26-Aug-2006 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionicle
I thought i rode bikes not flew them :), Yep i am sure in my mind it was error on my side, i had already been round once and seen the two guys sat on the tyre wall, second time round i went round someone on the outside at charlies 1 and am sure i got my line wrong for charlies 2 saw the front wheel drift over the white line tried to push it back out onto the track but the front touched the grass and that was it, so i took up position with the other two and watched the rest of the session from there :)

Hats off to the marshal though he quised me as to why i had fallen asking if there was anything on the track, and even went back for another look to be sure even after i told him it was my fault.

B u g g e r!!!

A bit of bad luck really, nevermind. Thanks for saying that about the marshall's though, I thought they were excellent.

What was it like watching from there? I've never walked around out there to watch anyone.

ericthered40 26-Aug-2006 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP
B u g g e r!!!

A bit of bad luck really, nevermind. Thanks for saying that about the marshall's though, I thought they were excellent.

What was it like watching from there? I've never walked around out there to watch anyone.

You like her don't you tiger. :lol:

Your right mate the mashells were excellent both days.:)

TP 26-Aug-2006 19:28

Quote:

You like her don't you tiger. :lol:

Your right mate the mashells were excellent both days.:)

:lol:

Cheeky bastid! I actually meant the bloke who was heading up the show (forgotten his name), I was impressed how they organised things. If that was a track day run by a few other TDO's it would have been a red flag. They worked with WJB quite well and there was an excellent rapport between them.

WJB is an excellent asset to this club! :D

Gissa go on the CBR WJB? :p

domski 26-Aug-2006 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP
Gissa go on the CBR WJB? :p

Yeah, what he said - can I play on the CB though? :D

Old habits and that ;)

Rattler 26-Aug-2006 19:35

Another quick note of thanks to the Marrshalls and also the Cadwell medics - I did get a check-up as they were concerned about neck/back injuries.

All was fine fortunately, but they were decent, thorough guys and although I didn't initially want the check-up I'm relieved that they insisted as it put my mind at rest that the aches and pains I felt were not serious.

Tim

TP 26-Aug-2006 19:37

I fancy a go on the CB as well actually, I could have had a go but forgot about it!

:(

domski 26-Aug-2006 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP
I fancy a go on the CB as well actually, I could have had a go but forgot about it!

:(

Not everyone can harness the power though TP.

Be careful what you wish for ;)

TP 26-Aug-2006 19:43

Quote:

Not everyone can harness the power though TP.

Be careful what you wish for ;)

You're right, I was quite intimidated by the whole thing but I had a good chat with WJB and he set my mind at ease.

:p

domski 26-Aug-2006 19:50

He's good like that ;)

Dominic Clegg 26-Aug-2006 20:22

sounds like a big one glad your okay.

domski 26-Aug-2006 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Clegg
sounds like a big one

That's no way to talk about our ickle WJB!!!!

WeeJohnyB 26-Aug-2006 22:41

oi, are you lot taking the pp****?

The marshalls were excellent as always at Cadwell. Aidie runs the best day and you're right, keeping in touch with what's going on helps to solve problems without red flagging. That was one heck of a situation to deal with without red flags. I was out in that session and saw the first couple just after it must have happenned, bikes still on the ground, marshalls on the move. One of the bikes at Charlies 1 was only just off the track and in direct line of the racing line had anyone else gone off, but it stayed waved yellow which was amazing. My own theory about the third off at Charlies 2 is made stronger by the post above....I think there was a bit of inevitable target fixation on the stricken bikes, even for a second, which upset the entry speed and position for Charlies 2....easy done, but the fact they still kept in under waved yellow was the best bit of marshalling I've ever seen on a track day...their teamwork was superb and extremely quick as they very quickly had it on waved yellows from Barn, the post on the straight, Charlies 1 & 2 and then clear, for a few laps until they cleared it up. They must have also been on the radio to report rider injuries, otherewise it would have been red flagged, as it was, the medic car went out as soon as the chequered came out....brilliant. I am convinced this is because they knew we were behaving and responding to the flags and therefore 'safe'.

As for the the CB...it's been ridden by more people than a hooker and they all come back with a bigger smile on their face...ask Jools, David Cook, Monty or Adam Child from MCN. It is always available if people want a go....next time TP....I do so enjoy going around the outside of big bikes on it, especially as it looks so good. Dom...you need to get back on one mate and sort your lap times out...check out my times around Castle Combe and your winning times on a super duper 620 mate.....I'm sure you're getting older and slower mate...still. you've got the memories I guess....tee hee........if you want a go mate, give me a shout.

WeeJohnyB

domski 26-Aug-2006 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
Dom...you need to get back on one mate and sort your lap times out...check out my times around Castle Combe and your winning times on a super duper 620 mate.....I'm sure you're getting older and slower mate...still. you've got the memories I guess....tee hee........if you want a go mate, give me a shout.

WeeJohnyB

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!

I want a go, I want a go :D :D :D

I'll drop you a PM - fanks :)

p.s. I'm ignoring the Castle Combe bit ;)

TP 26-Aug-2006 22:46

Quote:

... As for the the CB...it's been ridden by more people than a hooker and they all come back with a bigger smile on their face...ask Jools, David Cook, Monty or Adam Child from MCN. It is always available if people want a go....next time TP....I do so enjoy going around the outside of big bikes on it, especially as it looks so good. Dom...you need to get back on one mate and sort your lap times out...check out my times around Castle Combe and your winning times on a super duper 620 mate.....I'm sure you're getting older and slower mate...still. you've got the memories I guess....tee hee........if you want a go mate, give me a shout.

WeeJohnyB

I'm definitely keen for a go :)

And you couldn't resist that CC dig could ya ;) LMAO

domski 26-Aug-2006 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP
I'm definitely keen for a go :)

He didn't ask you :frog:

WeeJohnyB 26-Aug-2006 22:47

tee hee

TP - I missed that one, just spotted you said a shot on the CBR......you think you can handle such a fast bike? It's used to going past people - it's there if you want a go at the next No Limits day you're on. I did have fun mind you, that's the best I've ridden for a long time...I love my RR.....just bought a set of 06 upside down forks with the radial brakes, so it'll handle and stop better maybe...yeehaa

WeeJohnyB

domski 26-Aug-2006 22:48

Quote:

you think you can handle such a fast bike? It's used to going past people

I think that's called "Getting a big black dog up you"

TP 26-Aug-2006 22:50

Quote:

I think that's called "Getting a big black dog up you"