Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   How can I check a bike I'm considering buying is an official UK model? (/showthread.php?t=39056)

Wylie1 20-Nov-2006 16:34

How can I check a bike I'm considering buying is an official UK model?

Before anybody asks.....of course it's a Ducati :)

Mr C 20-Nov-2006 16:41

Should say on the Logbook if its been imported. Or send me a £5 and the reg No and i'll HPI it for you

aka.eric 20-Nov-2006 16:45

Give Ducati UK a ring,quote the VIN number.

Wylie1 20-Nov-2006 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr C
Should say on the Logbook if its been imported. Or send me a £5 and the reg No and i'll HPI it for you

Are you serious? If so, nice one.

I just tried to run it through the RAC bikecheck (website) but it's asking for the Reg No. + V5 doc No. + chassis No. I only have the Registration plate No. at the moment. Mr C......can you do the same checks that the RAC (hpi ?) do using just the reg No.?

PS. I'm going to look at (buy?) it tomorrow!

bradders 20-Nov-2006 16:59

is it a special (eg sps)? Ducati UK probabaly best source as suggested above...or your local Ducati dealer??

Wylie1 20-Nov-2006 17:05

Anybody got a Tel number for Ducati UK to hand?

MJS 20-Nov-2006 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylie1
Anybody got a Tel number for Ducati UK to hand?

0845 1222 996

Very nice people at DUK...

Wylie1 20-Nov-2006 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban996
0845 1222 996

Very nice people at DUK...

Thanks Urban996.

Mr C......I will PM you the Reg No. I'll be leaving the house 09:30'ish tomorrow to view/buy the bike. It'd be great if you could help out, but if not, no worries.

jj250 20-Nov-2006 21:19

Post or pm me the reg number and i will hpi it for you when i get to work tomorrow (foc!), can fax you the report if you let me have a number

Simon Reed 20-Nov-2006 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr C
Should say on the Logbook if its been imported

No it dosn't !!!!!!,it will only say it on the log book,if,and only if its been registered then imported from overseas,if its a parrallel import,and registered here correctly,it won't say anything,it'll just be the same as one bought from a UK franchised dealer !!!,saying,new at first registration !!

Same with ,HPI,it shares its information from DVLA,so it should mirror your v5.

The only two ways to tell,are,the pdi stamp in the front of the service book,showing the supplying dealer stamp,or,as stated above,ring Ducati and give them the chassis no,and ask them to check,and at the end of the day they're made in italy,so they're all imports anyway !!!