Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Front Fender (/showthread.php?t=17735)

yellowfila999 19-May-2005 15:18

Front Fender

I'm probably being a bit thick here, but how do you get the front fender off without scratching the paint work :puzzled:

HW 19-May-2005 15:58

Hmmmm .... good question. I got a cheapy (ish) front mudguard with the race fairing with the intention of swapping them for track days, but as you can see from my Avatar I have not bothered. Couldn't see how to get it out easily without dropping the front wheel out! Or maybe I was making too much of a meal of it and it's really easy onece you know how. :P

yellowfila999 19-May-2005 16:12

yeah, I Know what you mean, I had a right mare trying to squeeze it through the forks, in the end I gave up thinking I would have to take the front wheel off, maybe there is a way and it is easy when you know how:puzzled:

tricky 19-May-2005 18:17

Apparently the wheel has to come off !

I know whats its like you start bending bits and are just waiting for the cracking sound. Get a front stand, wip the wheel off.

The front stand is so usefull anyway when working on the bike to be able to have it totally off the ground.

revdecal 19-May-2005 18:48

you can force it out by twisting etc.. but it takes a lot of force and you can easily scratch the paint.

I took it out that way for painting but decided to whip the wheel out to put it back in. Just as quick and worry free!

yellowfila999 19-May-2005 19:05

Thanks for the advice, wheel off it is then:eureka:

chris999 19-May-2005 20:34

i did it without removing wheel..
i put a cloth where it would have scratched..
( put it back same way as well-- handy with extra pair of hands !!)