Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   How many of you ordering the Desmosedici RR? (/showthread.php?t=7932)

robracenut 02-Jun-2004 15:15

How many of you ordering the Desmosedici RR?

So we know what it is now -- MotoGP missile rep with likely 170kg weight and 200bhp. Was wondering how many of you are thinking of saving up/remortgaging the house etc?

The first year's production will probably be sold out soon -- there are already about 20 orders for the UK alone -- anybody here gonna take the plunge and get an order in? Or are you all waiting for the standard production version to follow?

Does anybody here NOT want the bike?

Rob

Twinfan 02-Jun-2004 15:58

I don't want one. I'm not keen on the looks of the race bike. I'd only have one if I had that much money that I could just throw away £35,000 and not care about it.

migsangel 02-Jun-2004 16:17

I want one, I would love one...but unless I hit the lottery then it ain't happening...

Which reminds me...note to self...buy lotter ticket for Saturday Draw...:D

TP 02-Jun-2004 18:52

Can't afford it.

dave w 02-Jun-2004 19:09

I want one........ but now...... not in 2 bloody years time !!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Desmodromic 02-Jun-2004 20:12

Wouldn't want one even if I had the wodge of cash needed to buy one. I find it a bit ugly to be honest

KeefyB 03-Jun-2004 07:03

Not for me either.:barfy:

Jools 03-Jun-2004 17:02

Now even if I had £35,000 to spend on a bike why would I get one that's nearly as ugly as my ST and according to Claudio Domenicali (spelling?) will need a huge amount of fettling.

200+ Bhp is pretty stupid as well. Be honest! None of us could use that type of power on the road, or on the track...if you reckon you can handle it you stand a pretty good chance of getting a Desmosedici ride for free because you're probably a WSB god already.

So, IMHO the Desmosedici is destined to be a rich poseurs plaything, either standing in a glass case in somebody's living room, unridden since new. Or it might occasionally see dry roads or track and have chicken strips a mile wide because no-one wants to bin a £35K collectors item bike. There may be one or two bikes who's owners ride them anywhere near the bikes potential but I doubt it.

robracenut 03-Jun-2004 18:58

Hmm, so you guys really think this is ugly do you? And you really wouldn't want to have one parked in your drive..

Well maybe I have a unique sense of aesthetics but... PHWOARRRR!!! Gimme!!

Rob

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by robracenut]

everton 03-Jun-2004 19:15

I'm with you Rob.................

by the time it comes out I might even be able to ride it properly :lol::lol::lol::lol: :P