Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Any 749r owners with a decent digital camera? (/showthread.php?t=39034)

ratboy 20-Nov-2006 10:33

Any 749r owners with a decent digital camera?

As the title says, I'm looking for a friendly forum member who owns both an 749r and a decent digital camera. I'm cleaning out my garage at the moment readiness for a new bike. Unfortunately I sold my 749r before I read on another forum of the idea of hanging a few pics of pre-owned bikes and cars came to mind. Can't have a wall that's missing the 749r can I? Unfortunately I need the photo to be taken in 'raw' format so, despite the fact that I have dozens of photos of my ex 749r, none of them will work well on a larger sized piece of canvas.

Only looking for a fairing badge view, straight on,. but close enough so that the logo is centered and only some of the raw carbon and a tiny bit of frame is visible in the top left corner.

I would post the same shot I've already got (it is too poor quality and wont enlarge well at all), however, the size of the file for some reason, means I can't even upload an example!

Thanks for any help!

John

Jools 20-Nov-2006 10:54

Just a thought, but if you have a decent digital camera and the person you sold it to isn't at the other end of the country, you might be able to go and take a photo of your 749R instead of a 749R.

Or the person you sold your bike to might oblige

TP 20-Nov-2006 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratboy
As the title says, I'm looking for a friendly forum member who owns both an 749r and a decent digital camera. I'm cleaning out my garage at the moment readiness for a new bike. Unfortunately I sold my 749r before I read on another forum of the idea of hanging a few pics of pre-owned bikes and cars came to mind. Can't have a wall that's missing the 749r can I? Unfortunately I need the photo to be taken in 'raw' format so, despite the fact that I have dozens of photos of my ex 749r, none of them will work well on a larger sized piece of canvas.

Only looking for a fairing badge view, straight on,. but close enough so that the logo is centered and only some of the raw carbon and a tiny bit of frame is visible in the top left corner.

I would post the same shot I've already got (it is too poor quality and wont enlarge well at all), however, the size of the file for some reason, means I can't even upload an example!

Thanks for any help!

John

File size limit for attachments is 1MB. You could host it on the web somewhere else, there are plenty of free hosting sites, and use the 'insert image' option or the [IMG] tags to display it in your post if you like.

ratboy 20-Nov-2006 13:17

Good idea Jools, but I know they are out of the country on duty :( and they live in Scotland...!

ratboy 20-Nov-2006 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP
File size limit for attachments is 1MB. You could host it on the web somewhere else, there are plenty of free hosting sites, and use the 'insert image' option or the [IMG] tags to display it in your post if you like.

Thanks for the tip TP, will try that this afternoon then!

Sharpy G 20-Nov-2006 15:13

got a Pentax istD (does raw) & a 749R

ratboy 20-Nov-2006 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharpy G
got a Pentax istD (does raw) & a 749R

Sharpy, can I owe you a pint, or else make a donation to a charity then - for a lovely close up of badge and some fairing please...?? ;)

ratboy 20-Nov-2006 17:51

http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?i...otos028yq1.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?i...icture4ny7.jpg

Two examples (forgive the car one) and the current 749r one is poor quality Bit these give an idea of what I am trying to achieve. A friend is then going to print them onto canvas for me.

Sorry about the cut and paste jobbie, couldn't work out how to get the images in, as I cannot (is it just me..!) find the code key to enable me to do it.

Sharpy G 20-Nov-2006 21:28

pm me your address for the cd
G

testastretta 27-Nov-2006 02:33

Hi - I have 749R (2004) and digital camera, if you need any more images just let me know.

Ronnie