Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Walker ,Walker Walker. (/showthread.php?t=5579)

chris.p 29-Feb-2004 12:13

Walker ,Walker Walker.

Chris Walker claims a first podium for the Petronas bike.

Well done Chris, More to follow.:D

Chris.:roll:

skidlids 29-Feb-2004 12:29

Best you get a few new posters on the wall Chris, to go along with the Suzuki and Kawasaki ones you've got

chris.p 29-Feb-2004 13:23

You missed the two in the hall kev, one is the NSR500 & the other is on last years Duke, Hey & they are prints,Not posters:D

Iconic944ss 29-Feb-2004 22:24

Didnt the Stalker do brilliantly well !!!!!

I knew Chris was on equal footing with with Corser but I didnt expect him to perform so well, given the power deficit of the Pertonas.

Typical ungrateful comments from Foggy though.........

Foggy Petronas Racing team owner Carl Fogarty was delighted with Walker's performance as he recorded the team's first-ever podium finish in race one.

"I never dreamed that we would be celebrating a podium position here," he said.

"Maybe it will make a few people sit up and take notice and we will soon know exactly what this bike is capable of. "

- sod the bike.....it was CW alone that out it there in my opinion and sadly until the new engine comes along even a fan like me cant see the Petronas on the podium for a while :(

Frank

chris.p 01-Mar-2004 09:57

Agree totaly with you there frank:(

Totto 01-Mar-2004 10:42

"Maybe it will make a few people sit up and take notice and we will soon know exactly what this bike is capable of. "
Wonder who that is then ,

Corser 11 place in race two !!!!;)

Steve M 01-Mar-2004 12:58

So we finally see an FP1 on the podium!
Whatever next eh - one on the road ?:sing:

Mark 01-Mar-2004 14:31

if all season it was the same conditions........yeah maybe. What happened in the second race?

ziggi 02-Mar-2004 09:57

I think foggy was very pleased with walker. When he got off the bike he ran and hugged him, jumped over the pit wall to congratulate him.

It's a team game and he used the word "we" quite alot. Don't forget there's lots of other people working for that result that need to be included in the "we".

I was amazed at walkers performance and was cheering him more than toseland but this was walkers first weekend and FPR have been working for this for years.

I think Carl was justified in using the "we" in that statement. Well done FPR and and more more please mr. walker

everton 02-Mar-2004 10:05

Yeah...............good on yer Stalker.

I must admit I was cheering him on too especially in the second race.

I'm pleased for Foggy. Petronas have plowed a lot of money into their team and all podium finishes vindicate their outlay.

I wasn't sure if Foggy was more pleased for the place or the feeling that his budget probably got secured for another year with such a great performance first time out this year.

Still..........what'll happen when Regis decides to stay on his bike or not break down. :D:D