Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Wheel Repair/Refurb Advice and Recommendations (/showthread.php?t=78289)

zhed44 18-Jan-2009 21:01

Wheel Repair/Refurb Advice and Recommendations

My 748R's front Marchi picked up a "ding" in its recent accident. :mad:

Pic below.

It looks fairly minor to me, but I've never had to have this sort of repair done before.

Any advice on likelihood of the wheel being repairable and roughly how much will I pay for the work?

Any recommendations (London/Essex area preferred please) for this type of job?

Jools 18-Jan-2009 21:12

Hagon in Hainault

http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/main1st.htm

zhed44 18-Jan-2009 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jools

Perfect - thanks :)

rcgbob44 18-Jan-2009 22:32

Seems a good excuse for that nice set of BST carbons!

skidlids 19-Jan-2009 00:03

Bit of a coincidence, I removed the discs and tyre from my damaged S2R front wheel this morning so that I can get it sent off to Hagon for repair. I talked to them at the NEC show and thought it a good deal at £73.50 especially as it would only cost postage if it can't be repaired.
Your wheel looks no worse and mine and is similar to the before pic of the damaged wheel in their catalogue, the after pic looks mint so i'm hoping mine will come back looking as it should pre accident.
They prefer you to remove the discs and tyre othewise they will charge you for doing so.

Kev

Chrisiball 20-Jan-2009 21:58

wheel repair

I rang motoliner about a similar ding in my 848 wheel. i think it was
£50 to have the wheel repaired. The guy i spoke to was spot on and assured me it would be perfectly straight! I sent it on a Tuesday and got it back on the thursday!! Amazing service would very highly reccomend them.

http://www.motoliner.com/

Chaz 20-Jan-2009 22:37

Dave East Leicestershire 01162848296 done 2 or 3 for me about £45 each great job.

Mello-Yellow 21-Jan-2009 19:20

Midlands area

For those in the Midlands area Boss motorcycles in Brierley Hill do a wheel repair/straightenng service.

Chaz 21-Jan-2009 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mello-Yellow
For those in the Midlands area Boss motorcycles in Brierley Hill do a wheel repair/straightenng service.

Have you been there:eek:

zhed44 21-Jan-2009 22:24

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I think I'm going to let Mike (MD) sort it out whilst the bike is in his workshop as he subs the work to someone who'll collect and return the wheel. It works out to be a little bit more expensive, but with the cost of P&P, tyre removal and refitting etc there's not a huge difference, not to mention that it saves me the hassle of removing, stripping, packaging, posting, receiving and refitting the wheel myself.