Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Multistrada: Enduro / Pikes Peak / V4 / V2 / 1260 / 1200 / 1100 / 1000 (/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   custom mts (/showthread.php?t=15817)

gman 30-Mar-2005 15:21

custom mts

I'm going to make a few mods on the MTS and I would appreciate your advice on if you think the price is ok and if you have any experience of what Im trying to do?

1. Renthal Bars (£30.00)
2. Powder Coat Wheels £30 per wheel + £ 5 pw for Zinc undercoat should I go for 2 coats?
3. Belly Pan £??
4. Try to tidy rear end, if poss put lights and signals above Termis and fit smaller number plate? £??

My MTS is black I did think about gold wheels and gold renthals although it might look a bit odd with the standard forks, maybe just keep it all black.

BDG 31-Mar-2005 01:15

Mine is black as well, and the standard grey wheels are horrid, black wheels look SO MUCH BETTER.

The price seems good, the other option is do what i did, don't clean the wheels for a few thousand miles and they'll go black themselves, even cheaper:lol:

Tantrum992 31-Mar-2005 11:58

Hi gman
i have a red one ( but ive got a cream for it :lol::lol: ) i had the wheels powder coated black with a red stripe around the rim, looks the dogs. price youve been quoted is the same as i paid.
dont know about the gold renthals and the belly pan though, its personal choice and besides its what makes your bike indavidual, go for what your happy with.

gman 01-Apr-2005 10:52

Its decided the bike is being picked up on Monday, Im have the wheels painted, the rear light cluster sorted, indicators moved back to where those 2 holes are on the frame under the seat if you get my meaning, belly pan (carbon) no renthals but I may have them modded to look like renthals.
So May rideout I should be able to show it off!!