Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Crowtree Leathers (/showthread.php?t=12143)

dickieducati 01-Dec-2004 18:37

they all do 'stretch' fit do they?
;)

TP 01-Dec-2004 19:00

Quote:

Originally posted by dickieducati
they all do 'stretch' fit do they?
;)

I'm just going to let you go next time, get some popcorn ...

... and a mop!

:lol:

AK 01-Dec-2004 20:03

Tony, I think Al is aiming to get there before the 'shopping' traffic' gets too bad - like about 9.30 latest.

He needs to be back by 10.30 - cos I'm off out on my bike without him if he isnt back!:lol:

C

ps: will u2u Als mobile to you

WeeJohnyB 02-Dec-2004 00:27

Yep, as Jools says. We use MJK from GLF Accessories in Flitwick, Beds. It is a stroll from the station, (you can see it from the train). Call Graham Falcke on 01525 717009.

Graham is extremely knowledgable about leathers and he only sells the best gear - MJK, Arai, Knox, Held, Daytona etc - the very best kit. He has a list of racers as long as your arm inc loads of BSB and WSB rides, he has a photo album of racers inc Zaus etc - if they're good enough for him to crash in, they'll do for me.

I only used Graham because No Limits get all their leathers made to measure there, but since I've met him, I now get all my gear there. He'll do a discount for ACU licence holders if you have one.

I have a full one piece Dainese Ducati Foggy type leathers and I thought they were the bizzo until I put on my MJK. I can wear them all day and forget I have them on, so comfortable from new. They have soft armour, (better than hard armour) and are designed as I want them - no collar and cuffs +++.

I've forgotten how many times I've crashed in them - five I think, inc 95mph at Mallory along the tarmac. Apart from the No Limits logo on my back peeling off a little and the MJK logo on the shoulder, you'd hardly know they'd been down the road.

I'm not on any commission or anything, just like to see a top bloke giving quality and good old fashioned service get the deal ahead of the mass produced stuff. Graham comes to watch club racing a lot, his son races and he also does several track days a year, so he knows what he's talking about.

Mine are about to go up there for a 'service', so tell him WeeJohnyB sent ya - he likes a laugh:lol:

WeeJohnyB

Monty 02-Dec-2004 00:35

MJK for me too Tony, mine are plain black as seen in this issue of pronto(and my avatar) and cost about £540. Brilliant leathers-I crashed at Snetterton 1st November and apart from the MJK logo on the shoulder you couldn't tell I had been off-once I had cleaned all the mud off them like............:lol:
The other thing is that the leather used is VERY soft and so very comfortable.

John

[Edited on 2-12-2004 by Monty]

yeti 02-Dec-2004 22:24

TP. have heard that Crowtree do excellent leathers, however they somehow conspired to sellboth my mate and his wife's leathers as second hand when all he had done was take them in for servicing! Sadly for Crowtree he was chief Exec of the MCA at the time!!!
(Motor Cycle Association and organisers of the NEC bike show)

TP 03-Dec-2004 11:49

Well - two ringing endorsements for MJK plus from Scottch on the messenger last night. I'll give them a call.

Weeksy, I can't come out to play tomorrow mate. Ange is out all day with the car and I have the kids to take to various parties so I'll be all over the place tomorrow. But I get to play cars on the car mat :D

antonye 03-Dec-2004 11:54

I'd recommend MJK too if you want made to measure. As the others have said, speak to Graham or BigJ. But if you do, just don't mention anything about Captain Pugwash, ok?

TP 03-Dec-2004 11:59

Well, an off the peg suit from Dainese or Alpinestars can cost anywhere from £500 to £1200. If I can get one that fits me properly etc that costs somewhere near the halfway mark there or cheaper - I'm in! I'd probably even pay more for one that is of a much higher quality than off-the-peg stuff, which I am assured that most of them are.

Thanks again for your help peoples :D

TP 03-Dec-2004 12:23

Quote:

Originally posted by WeeJohnyB
Yep, as Jools says. We use MJK from GLF Accessories in Flitwick, Beds. It is a stroll from the station, (you can see it from the train). Call Graham Falcke on 01525 717009.

Graham is extremely knowledgable about leathers and he only sells the best gear - MJK, Arai, Knox, Held, Daytona etc - the very best kit. He has a list of racers as long as your arm inc loads of BSB and WSB rides, he has a photo album of racers inc Zaus etc - if they're good enough for him to crash in, they'll do for me.

I only used Graham because No Limits get all their leathers made to measure there, but since I've met him, I now get all my gear there. He'll do a discount for ACU licence holders if you have one.

I have a full one piece Dainese Ducati Foggy type leathers and I thought they were the bizzo until I put on my MJK. I can wear them all day and forget I have them on, so comfortable from new. They have soft armour, (better than hard armour) and are designed as I want them - no collar and cuffs +++.

I've forgotten how many times I've crashed in them - five I think, inc 95mph at Mallory along the tarmac. Apart from the No Limits logo on my back peeling off a little and the MJK logo on the shoulder, you'd hardly know they'd been down the road.

I'm not on any commission or anything, just like to see a top bloke giving quality and good old fashioned service get the deal ahead of the mass produced stuff. Graham comes to watch club racing a lot, his son races and he also does several track days a year, so he knows what he's talking about.

Mine are about to go up there for a 'service', so tell him WeeJohnyB sent ya - he likes a laugh:lol:

WeeJohnyB

Great post WJB. My ACU application form FINALLY arrived in the post this morning. The ball is not just rolling, but gathering momentum.