Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Donington trackday before next DD round? (/showthread.php?t=33321)

Tonio600 14-Jul-2006 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyb
Im at Donington this Mon........anyone else to show me the links between all the straights i like??

Racers can't afford trackdays.

:lol:

andyb 15-Jul-2006 12:44

Is that why they make the most of the practice when they can afford it.................and go out amongst the mobile shicanes in the inters?:lol: :lol:

Tonio600 15-Jul-2006 13:07

/sigh :(

Grib 16-Jul-2006 17:33

Went and did an afternoon there yesterday, what a brilliant track, forgotten how good it is :) I was running at the top end of the Inters group on the 583, so it was a pretty slow day! Does give you a huge ego boost to drive round litre bikes down Craner Curves though :D

domski 16-Jul-2006 18:11

You're such a hooligan!!!

I think racers should be banned from everything!

;)

andyb 16-Jul-2006 18:42

As a racer i bet you must be over the moon with blowing away the inters group..........:rolleyes: (tongue in cheek!)

Grib 16-Jul-2006 19:03

Dom...I agree, I'm going to punish myself right away :eek: :p

andyb...It was good overtaking practice, put it that way. Trackdays are nothing like racing, have to take racer head off for them ;)

Met a couple of members of the DSC up there too, one guy who recognised the Scooter Shop stickers and had a quick chat (nice tattoos btw :) ) and another who said he may come and watch us lot do our thing as he's trackdaying there the day before the race :) Another couple of really nice folks from the DSC, we've got quite a club here ya know.

couchcommando 16-Jul-2006 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyb
As a racer i bet you must be over the moon with blowing away the inters group..........:rolleyes: (tongue in cheek!)

(tongue in cheek)

As even the fastest desmo lap time is barely quick enough for the fast group inters it has to be on these low powered machines, I still find it surprising that people with 100hp more and sticky tyres can be passed on a desmo bike :)

domski 16-Jul-2006 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by couchcommando
(tongue in cheek)

As even the fastest desmo lap time is barely quick enough for the fast group inters it has to be on these low powered machines, I still find it surprising that people with 100hp more and sticky tyres can be passed on a desmo bike :)

Yeah, but you and Lucie are hardened racers - it's just not fair that you're allowed out on a trackday!

Especially as Lucie has done about 4 race meetings - that's outrageous, she's far too experienced for inters AND she's got 49bhp!!!!!

I'm going to write to my MP :rolleyes:

skidlids 16-Jul-2006 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grib
one guy who recognised the Scooter Shop stickers and had a quick chat (nice tattoos btw :) )

That was Dallas with his 996SPS, he normally races with North Glos, last year he was on the ZX10R and binned it at Quarry when we were at Castle Combe