Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Dave Jeffries tribute - M&M (/showthread.php?t=12365)

yeti 12-Dec-2004 17:39

Dave Jeffries tribute - M&M

Anyone see the trubute to DJ on Men and Motors? Good in as far as it went, but a half hour program just does come close to doing justice to the man.

Some of the on-bike footage scared the heck out of me, and that was sitting at home. Not only that but the sheer speed he was overhauling other quick men left me in awe.

These guys truly are head and shoulders above us mere mortals.

RIP Dave, you ARE missed.

skidlids 12-Dec-2004 22:06

Its on again tomorrow Monday at 8pm, looks like i'm going to have to tape it.
I have the utmost respect for DJ's abilities and will never forget the sadness that went around the TT paddock when we all realised what had happened especially after seeing him every day that week and talking to him several times.
Sadly my last photo of him was as he set off from the line on that tragic Thursday afternoon practice session.
RIP big fella you were an example to us all.

yeti 12-Dec-2004 22:14

Quote:

Originally posted by skidlids
Sadly my last photo of him was as he set off from the line on that tragic Thursday afternoon practice session.

Gulp,

bradders 12-Dec-2004 22:22

is it different to the one shown months ago?? if so, can I borrow the tape kev?

skidlids 12-Dec-2004 23:12

Didn't see the one the other week so will have nothing to compare to, but if It tapes OK you can borrow it if you want.
As for footage of DJ I highly recomend watching the on-board lap he does on Mad Sunday that is on one of the TT DVDs, I think its the 2002.

TP 13-Dec-2004 00:43

I'd like to borrow that video if I can join the queue Skids?

Mark 13-Dec-2004 09:28

That is the thing with M&M, most of the programmes are only 30 minutes long. I think a lot of the shows should be an hour.

Will watch tonight the programme on M&M.

mike916 13-Dec-2004 14:21

Quote:

Originally posted by bradders
is it different to the one shown months ago?? if so, can I borrow the tape kev?

I think it's the same one as shown before as far as I can remember.

I always admired DJ for both his ability and unstoppable sense of humour and it was a huge loss to both the TT the sport in general when he lost his life in such a tragic way.

I was at MGP this year and saw how bloody fast the bikes went through Crosby and it put a shudder down my back when I thought about how fast it must have all gone wrong.

RIP DJ :(:(

skidlids 14-Dec-2004 01:02

Sorry Guys, I was getting stuck into doing my homework on my 998 Harness that I ended up having to rush off without time to sort a tape and set the Video.
Still at least I know M&M will be showing it again sometime so I'm bound to catch it at some point.