Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   2 classes for 2007 (/showthread.php?t=33431)

dickieducati 13-Jul-2006 21:06

2 classes for 2007

thinking out loud really and haven't though it though too much but thinking ahead to 2007:

if numbers seem similar to this year;40ish; how about just simply making it one class up to 620cc but running a novice championship in it too. i think im right in saying there are a number of people moving up to 620 anyway, most of the 'original' riders will lose novice status soon if they havent already. that way anyone wanting to come in on a 583 cheaply as a novice will still have something to aim for and it will ensure good grids and save all the faffing about with one grid/2 grids etc etc. if its oversubscribed then its down to people getting their fingers out with entries or getting bumped onto another grid for the slowest as per all the other racing classes.

paynep 13-Jul-2006 21:18

Best stick to racing, mate

Rattler 13-Jul-2006 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by dickieducati
thinking out loud really and haven't though it though too much but thinking ahead to 2007:

if numbers seem similar to this year;40ish; how about just simply making it one class up to 620cc but running a novice championship in it too. i think im right in saying there are a number of people moving up to 620 anyway, most of the 'original' riders will lose novice status soon if they havent already. that way anyone wanting to come in on a 583 cheaply as a novice will still have something to aim for and it will ensure good grids and save all the faffing about with one grid/2 grids etc etc. if its oversubscribed then its down to people getting their fingers out with entries or getting bumped onto another grid for the slowest as per all the other racing classes.

Drinking is dangerous!!!!

domski 13-Jul-2006 21:30

I think we'll have one grid, but we need to retain the 2 classes (without restriction). Basically as we are I suppose.

It may be nice to have a delayed start for the 583's so that they get their own grid?

kye 13-Jul-2006 21:41

If anything 583's should go first to avoid getting lapped? Then the faster 620 riders are the more than capable of passing the less expierienced on slower bikes, whilst the other way round will have experienced riders on slower bikes trying to safely take slower people on fast bikes?

domski 13-Jul-2006 21:43

Reverse grids :devil:

That would work :lol:

andys 900ss 13-Jul-2006 22:21

Its a shame we cant have two classes and two grids, it may have influenced my decision with which bike to buy as the 583's really struggle against the 620's in speed circumstances. If we only get one grid, anyone who needs to be competitive needs a 620 and the 583's will drift away.

COME ON GUYS, LETS HAVE SOME MORE 583'S !! £2-3K will convert you from trackdayer to racer !!!

Andy

AK 13-Jul-2006 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by domski
I think we'll have one grid, but we need to retain the 2 classes (without restriction). Basically as we are I suppose.

I agree.

it would be most difficult for those who had 583's and are only just losing their novice vest to then be expected to pay out for 620 bikes Dickie. there would be no real market for the 583s that could only be used for 1 or 2 seasons only i think.

status quo unless we can really get enough for 2 grids

and then plan for 2008 to let the 695's in?:eek:

domski 13-Jul-2006 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK
then plan for 2008 to let the 695's in?:eek:

Ooops, are we supposed to wait until 2008? :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AK 13-Jul-2006 22:49

:eek:

;)

:lol: