Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Anyone Got 04 749S with Termis??????? (/showthread.php?t=15483)

jobr 21-Mar-2005 16:35

Anyone Got 04 749S with Termis???????

I purchased a 2004 model 749S in October of last year.

At the time I paid for part number 96442804B which is the 102db Termi kit. This was to be fitted at the first service.
I was told this was the only part number that would work correctly and that people had experienced problems by fitting 03 pipes on to 04 bikes. The problem lay with the cpu.

Anyway part wasn't avaliable but would be shortly, no problem me thinks. In December salesman phones and emails telling me he has my exhaust in the box in his hands.

Now a week before they are due to do service and fit Termi's I am told they have never had said exhaust and still don't know when it will be avaliable.

Has anyone else got an 04 bike and had this part number fitted?

To say I am p*ssed off is an understatement.

Cheers

Jon:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

ak47 21-Mar-2005 16:42

i'll have a look at mine, is the part number obvious?

jobr 21-Mar-2005 16:53

Quote:

Originally posted by ak47
i'll have a look at mine, is the part number obvious?

Don't know if it will be. I am told some dealers have incorrectly fitted 03 pipes on to 04 bikes and that the correct part is not avaliable, but I am sure some people have had the right parts.

ak47 21-Mar-2005 17:23

I have just been down to look and can't see anything obvious, I'll look on the invoice when I get home tonight.
The only thing that I did see was that there are the words "for racing use only"... I thought these where road legal....oooopps!
Either way they seem fine on my 04 bike....what ever part number they are!

jobr 21-Mar-2005 17:27

Quote:

Originally posted by ak47
I have just been down to look and can't see anything obvious, I'll look on the invoice when I get home tonight.
The only thing that I did see was that there are the words "for racing use only"... I thought these where road legal....oooopps!
Either way they seem fine on my 04 bike....what ever part number they are!

Thanks for the help, will be interesting to know the part number and match that up in the catalogue.

Cheers

stuart hill 21-Mar-2005 17:36

I've got an 04 749 (not the S though) and I have the original box etc that it came in. I'll check the details tonight and let you know. Unless you know that the Termis for an 's' are different.

jobr 21-Mar-2005 18:02

Quote:

Originally posted by stuart hill
I've got an 04 749 (not the S though) and I have the original box etc that it came in. I'll check the details tonight and let you know. Unless you know that the Termis for an 's' are different.

Stuart your part number should be slightly different 96433003B which was for an 04 749 or an 03 S.

andyb 21-Mar-2005 18:22

Ive said it before, for the cost of the box only jobbie, you could have a full 54mm system.

I would always power commander it any which way, so who gives a damm about the cpu!

Just my opinion mind. :pig:

Wylie1 21-Mar-2005 18:53

Quote:

Originally posted by andyb
Ive said it before, for the cost of the box only jobbie, you could have a full 54mm system.

I would always power commander it any which way, so who gives a damm about the cpu!

Just my opinion mind. :pig:

Which full system can you get for the same money (& where from)?

andyb 21-Mar-2005 20:36

My mate(ish) has a brand new termi 54mm system inc carbon cover, guard, air filters......still boxed, or he had last time i tried to advertise it! to fit the cast swing arm.........