Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   You wouldn't beleive it! (/showthread.php?t=78414)

ChrisBushell 02-Feb-2009 14:29

You wouldn't beleive it!

A couple of my mates are looking at a biking holiday in South Africa and into Mozabique later this year, given that it seems to be the only area of the world that the pound still has a bit of bang left in it.

The following came back from the trip organisers:

Province of Inhambane
Ministry of fish & wildlife
Mozambique

Warning

Due to the rising frequency of human-lion encounters, the Ministry of fish and wildlife, Inhambane branch, Mozambique is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen and any motorcyclists that use the out-of-doors in a recreational or work related function to take extra precautions while in the bush.

We advise the outdoorsman to wear little noisy bells on clothing so as to give advanced warning to any lions that might be close by, so that you do not take them by surprise.

We advise everyone using the outdoors to carry “pepper spray” with him or her encase of an encounter with lions.

Outdoorsmen should also be on the watch for fresh lion activity and be able to tell the difference between lion cub **** and big lion ****. Lion cub **** is smaller and contains lots of berries and dassie fur. Big lion **** has bells in it and smells like pepper.

Enjoy your stay in
Mozambique

The trouble is that this does not seem to be a joke! I would love to see what they have got to say about land mines then!

Matt-T28 02-Feb-2009 15:32

Talk about ringing the dinner bell :D

Paul James 03-Feb-2009 08:32

I heard that it was an attempt by the Mozambique tourist board to encourage more Morris dancers to visit?

BDG 03-Feb-2009 10:56

Blatant plug but yours truly organises bike trips to Namibia and South Africa just in case your mates are interested. The beauty of an organised trip is that the guide is paid to either shoot the lion or get eaten first:lol:

www.graveltravel.co.uk

Paul James 03-Feb-2009 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDG
Blatant plug but yours truly organises bike trips to Namibia and South Africa just in case your mates are interested. The beauty of an organised trip is that the guide is paid to either shoot the lion or get eaten first:lol:

www.graveltravel.co.uk

Sounds like a safe bet to me mate......guess you'd be big enough to feed several lions :D :)

BDG 03-Feb-2009 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul James
Sounds like a safe bet to me mate......guess you'd be big enough to feed several lions :D :)

Not since i went on a diet and lost 2 stone, i'm a mere snack now

Paul James 03-Feb-2009 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDG
Not since i went on a diet and lost 2 stone, i'm a mere snack now

Thats bad news...means you can probably run faster now as well!!!! :eek: :lol:

BDG 04-Feb-2009 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul James
Thats bad news...means you can probably run faster now as well!!!! :eek: :lol:

Dunno, never try:lol:

Seriously though one of our guides who was brought up on a farm in the bush and works with conservation projects reckons that most times it's best to make a little bit of noise so the lions wander off, rather than creeping up and surprising them. If that happens than make a slow retreat, don't run.

Mind you if they're hungry then you're pretty much donald ducked. He does have the advantage of carrying a BIG gun. He's also the Crocodile Dundee type and is happier in the bush than in town.

skidlids 04-Feb-2009 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDG

If he's eaten and you only have one guide does that mean your then lost, or do you have a few spare Lion dinners to guide you