Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   DD Snetterton (/showthread.php?t=84470)

Bionicle 18-Jun-2011 21:59

DD Snetterton

What a day, it was wet, actualy it was more than wet :( first day on the new layout, practice was not so bad as it was quiet dry, Qualy started dry but into lap 3 the heavens opened and dumped buckets of water.

Race one, did i mention it was wet, well race 1 was wetter than wet, was not sure if we were racing in a river or on a track, could have sworn i saw marshals with fishing rods :) lap 3-4 red flag, no seriouse injurys to anyone as far as i know, sat on the grid waiting for restart 15 mins in some realy heavy rain, boots full of water, leathers heaver than the bike :( did i mention it was wet :( 1 warm up lap for what it was worth as i dont think you could get any heat into the tyres in all that water, then 5 lap race to the flag, most people took it easy appart from those who can actualy walk on water anyway :) I think Phil the drill had an outboard motor attached to his bike as he was storming round to finish 4th, well done phil. if fact well done to everyone who finished the race, Good racing all round. looking forward to tomorrow and hoping its going to be a dry.....

bradders 18-Jun-2011 22:12

dry one would be nice, and phils 4th cements his top novice status ;)

if I were religious I'd be praying for dry tomorrow so I can do a better job of coverting my 3rd class B qually position

PeteB 18-Jun-2011 23:43

Sounds like a fun weekend so far.............:D

A well done to Phil for a 4th:) :)

Dementor 19-Jun-2011 08:52

Yep a big well done to Phil. And all those who raced in such terrible conditions. Paul ya praying was for nowt lol

Gbyte666 19-Jun-2011 12:44

Well done indeed Phil, great finish in terible conditions.
And well done Paul on your best qual so far as well.
Now what do I do with all these bits left over from my bike, spares ?

Craig

PeteB 19-Jun-2011 18:15

Congrats on your first win Paul, well deserved :) :)

Bionicle 19-Jun-2011 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteB
Congrats on your first win Paul, well deserved :) :)

Man of the day in my book, well ridden and well deserved Paul

Dementor 19-Jun-2011 19:36

Yep awesome race Paul, big well done :)

Ghost 19-Jun-2011 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dementor
Yep awesome race Paul, big well done :)

What he lost on the straights he made up in the twisties, I passed him on the straights but couldn't match him in the bends. well done Paul very well earned and deserved. :)

bradders 19-Jun-2011 20:27

thanks guys, my second win was as hard as the first ;) :lol:

few thanks:
Roy for convincing me it was me not the gearing ;)
The Dentist for being gentle...
Dallas for the breakfast
The whole Oxon lot for the sheer quality entertainment on Fri night!
Neal for the sliders
The Palmers for their encouragement...and Dallas and Skids for their words of wisdom ;)

Couple apologies...
Neal for the near T boning - I promise to sort my gear change out for next time so I dont get it stuck in 4th when I need 2nd and cant stop!
Nicola for my grumpiness before the race - thanks for giving me space
Ron for reacting to what he said after taking it very personally - you're still wrong but no excuse for me to get a little heavy

No excuses or apolgies for the win!!! I hope I've found my mojo and cant wait for Cadwell trackday for some fun with mainly road riding mates around our favourite circuit...then Pembrey two weeks later ;)

Now starting a collection, with some effort and a large slice of luck a couple more to come....