Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   an odd day out.... (/showthread.php?t=17141)

Lily 03-May-2005 22:29

an odd day out....

What a strange track day I went to today....

After missing silverstone we wanted to get another track day in soon so we booked up at Oulton for today with Motorsportvision, the people that own the circuit.

I arrived ealry as usual and unloaded the bike before Fred arrived and pinched the van for his trip to JHP.

Well my day went well, although it was very odd indeed. The only way I can describe it was like being at a bowls club track day :puzzled:

Usually track days at Oulton are full of race/track prepped bikes turning up in vans with the odd 'ride in' bike in the novice class. But today most people arrived on road bikes and it seemed that everyone was 'sensible and mature'

Out in the fast group and apart from a 3 guys on race bikes with slicks and about 2 others I wasn't passed all morning. It was a very well run day with good spacing in the group and very low numbers in each session but all in all very odd indeed!

Then it bucketed down all afternoon so i sat int eh garage and read my book until Fred arrived to pick me up :D

I did get to meet some very friendly chaps though and my suspension is sorted :)

JPM 03-May-2005 22:36

Well I've just scanned the photos for you and made you a new s****y avatar :D

TP 03-May-2005 22:40

I'd like to do Oulton after seeing the track. It may have to wait until next year though :(

Lily 03-May-2005 22:41

thank you.. cup of tea in 2 mins...

pics from today...

[Edited on 3-5-2005 by Lily]

Lily 03-May-2005 22:44

Tony

Why not try and book on with No limits for August ... its a saturday so no time off work and you are welcome to use my house if you want to bring the family and make a weekend of it.

TP 03-May-2005 22:47

It's just a money thing Lily, I'm spending sheeeeiiiteloads on racing already and I can't justify doing Oulton as we're not racing there this year.

Thanks for the offer though, very kind!

JPM 03-May-2005 23:08

30 mins and still waiting... spitting feathers here!

Tony, get your arse in gear man or are you scared of us northern types?

TP 03-May-2005 23:28

Quote:

Originally posted by JPM
Tony, get your arse in gear man or are you scared of us northern types?

Yes I am, there. ... it's official.

Jon 03-May-2005 23:47

I thought Motosportsvsion didn't allow slicks and was aimed at the less serious trackdayer

Rattler 03-May-2005 23:52

Lookin' real good girl - getting the hang of the black beauty I see - nice one.

Tim:frog: