Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   EUROPEAN LIGHTS (/showthread.php?t=24680)

Rick 03-Dec-2005 22:39

EUROPEAN LIGHTS

I have n-e-a-r-l-y brought a 996 R which is sitting in England and Im here in Sweden with minus temps and snow!
What a time to buy a bike :D
ANYWAy I read on here somewhere , where someone brought an European Ducce and did something with the front lights, put a coke can or something in so as to fix the lights so that they are legal in the UK. Can anyone help me find this post as I would like to try the same thing with a UK bike so as not to have to buy a new front light .
Thanks
Rick

dave996 03-Dec-2005 22:51

Theres a bloke in Germany flogging a set

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scheinwerfer-f...cmd ZViewItem

Ther at about £22.00 at the moment with just less than 24hours to go.
HURRY HURRY HURRY

Hope that helps:D

Rick 03-Dec-2005 22:55

THANKS dave, but had better buy the bike first before I start spending money on it :D

andyb 04-Dec-2005 14:54

To change from right to left...or vise versa with the headlamps, cost around £6 for a small deflector bracket inside the headlamp.

The glass bit is the same!:D

Rick 05-Dec-2005 03:45

GREAT, so where can u get them from ???

andyb 05-Dec-2005 10:16

Any ducati dealer.........Baines racing at Silverstone do it all the time, you could ask them?

Rick 05-Dec-2005 16:32

If the high beam say for me is on the Left hand side and you buy a bike with it on the right , how is it going to change that with a reflecter ?
Sorry if thats a DUMB question :(

RickyX 07-Dec-2005 14:22

Quote:

Originally posted by Rick
ANYWAy I read on here somewhere , where someone brought an European Ducce and did something with the front lights, put a coke can or something in so as to fix the lights so that they are legal in the UK. Can anyone help me find this post as I would like to try the same thing with a UK bike so as not to have to buy a new front light .
Thanks
Rick
Rick,

That was me.

The modification only applies to the Dip side (LHS).
High beam is always the right hand light unit. The deflector only changes the "aim" of the left hand dipped light.
The small deflector inside the dip side light needs to be reversed by fabricating a mirror image deflector from sheet metal (Coke can, or Fanta is OK too).
I did this mod before I realised that these can be bought inexpensively from Ducati. If I were you, I would just buy one from Baines etc as it saves having to drink a can of disgusting drink that's loaded with additives and lines the pockets of imperialistic fascist mega-corporations such as Coca Cola Corp/ PepsiCorp/ Ma-queu-Donald .:frog:

God Yul!

R

Rick 07-Dec-2005 14:58

I have emailed Baines Racing so I am awaiting reply !
oH AND I love COCA COLA
:frog:

andyb 08-Dec-2005 10:01

Oh yes it was a dumb question................

Antonye on here has done it.................:o

[Edited on 8-12-2005 by andyb]