Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   999s - SOUND OF THUNDER! (/showthread.php?t=80664)

mat2hew 20-Sep-2009 14:37

999s - SOUND OF THUNDER!

If I can make Pembrey on Saturday I am going to enter my 999s in the "SOUND OF THUNDER!" that name is great that is THE SOUND OF THUNDER!, I like that..

I might only make Sunday, in which case i'll be in the desmo only.... what do I mean only! it the best race series in the world! EVER!

Matt #72
p.s. I only mentioned it because I wanted a way to tell everybody that I bought a 999s HA HA!

mjbayley 20-Sep-2009 18:22

'Sounds Like Chunder'

Quote:

Originally Posted by mat2hew
If I can make Pembrey on Saturday I am going to enter my 999s in the "SOUND OF THUNDER!" that name is great that is THE SOUND OF THUNDER!, I like that..

I might only make Sunday, in which case i'll be in the desmo only.... what do I mean only! it the best race series in the world! EVER!

Matt #72
p.s. I only mentioned it because I wanted a way to tell everybody that I bought a 999s HA HA!

"Sounds Like CHUNDER' to me ;-)

Good Luck !

badgerpilot 20-Sep-2009 21:30

Good luck Matt, I'm sure a drink will find it's way to you if win a race on Pembrey Saturday. My mate's leading SOT by 198 points from Dan Cruikshank with 200 available so a win by your good self will mean he doesn't have to risk being kicked out by his other half because he'll have to go to Cadwell to earn 3 points instead of taking her away for the weekend.
Lord knows where his priorties lie?

skidlids 21-Sep-2009 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mat2hew

As far as I know that could make 4 class B runners out on SoT bikes next weekend, I also thought about entering the 998R but then remembered how much my tyre bills use to be when racing in that class

I'm only spectating Saturday so I hope I get to watch a few of you out there on the bigger bikes

mat2hew 22-Sep-2009 11:40

oh...

I really hope I can, I think a win is a bit unlikely, I've only had 20mins on the bike and i'ts f...kn scarey! I'm not going to be that quick.

Matt

skidlids 22-Sep-2009 13:04

Expect the pace at the front of the SOT field to be around the 60 second mark if conditions are good, with Dallas on his 1098 we will be trying to get him to match his previous best times of 63secs set on a 2004 R1, but as he has only really done the DSC trackday on the 1098 he will have to work on building up to that.