Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Insurance for two bikes (/showthread.php?t=11116)

duc749s 18-Oct-2004 11:06

Insurance for two bikes

Hi Guys,

I know loads of you have got more than one bike... I think I'm about to get a 2nd bike but don't know the best way to insure them both.

Are there people out there that will insure two bikes on the same policy or do you have to have two seperate policies?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Neil

MJS 18-Oct-2004 11:14

No problem at all.

Mine is done through 'The Policy Shop' in Coventry - haven't got the phone number to hand but I spoke to Matt. There's plenty of others as well... have a check through some of the older threads...

Cheers,
Martin

Rob B 18-Oct-2004 11:16

Carol Nash do it too, no problem. Quote on higest risk and small increase for second bike.

duc749s 18-Oct-2004 11:26

Cheers chaps - will give them a go...

Just gotta hope they're not going to be wanting any of my body parts as payment :o

AK 18-Oct-2004 11:36

Alan has all 4 of his on the same policy with Carole Nash - the last one added was the viffer - and only cost an extra £25 to add it on! Seems to more you have, it gets cheaper.

C

chicken 18-Oct-2004 12:46

A lot of companies will offer good deals on multiple bike cover - probably on the principle that you can only ride one of them at any time (and if one of them does get stolen, it will likely only be the most expensive anyway!)

One thing to watch out for; if your existing underwriter does not offer multiple bike policies then you have to work out whether it is cheaper to
a) cancel existing policy (and getting only small refund back) and take out new multi policy
b) leave existing policy and take out new policy for new bike. When existing policy ends, if the existing bike is lower rated than new bike, it can be added to the new policy

...but to save you the hassle of calculating this, just check with existing underwriter first!

cheers, Chi

deej 26-Oct-2004 22:13

matt at the policy shop is quite good

i personally cant afford carole nash's prices, over £2500 fc for a p re 748bip theyre having a larf , we just ring c.n up for fun to laugh at their silly prices

ronnie at insuremyducati would ahve done me a deal on two bikes, would have been a extra £25 for admin charges to add a cg125 ( for commuting on ) to my policy

webbyc 27-Oct-2004 14:43

Footman James do, I've got a classic bike policy for the Norton and they've added on others with no problem at all.

everton 27-Oct-2004 15:54

Carole Nash for me too..............£389 for a 999R and a MultiStrada fully comp with £500 excess which I think is a great deal.

But then I'm a nice safe but old pillar of the fraternity :devil::frog:

kwikbitch 27-Oct-2004 18:47

I couldn't afford Carol Nash either:(
I have a two bike policy.
Mine is with M.C.E...Very competitive and when I was up for renewal they beat the cheapest by about £25.
I just found out that it has come down again amd they reduced my monthly payments....:D