Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   DesmoDue.co.uk (/showthread.php?t=84534)

numbskull 04-Jul-2011 13:32

DesmoDue.co.uk

Why is this site not being run anymore?

Answers on a postcard please.

Jolley 04-Jul-2011 14:31

Ant is busy probably. Could he give permission to a Mod to update them from our spreadsheet?

antonye 04-Jul-2011 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolley
Ant is busy probably. Could he give permission to a Mod to update them from our spreadsheet?

Yeah, this one is run by Antoine and is outside of DSC control. I know he has also fallen curse to the recent spate of baby arrivals, so is probably out of action for a bit too!

If someone wants to contact him to offer the admin role, please feel free!

Jolley 04-Jul-2011 17:11

I don't mind doing it. I can update it with the wiki page.

Tonio600 04-Jul-2011 20:03

Jolley, drop me a PM with your email address and I can explain you how to update the standings if you want to.

The system calculates the standing tables automatically, it just requires someone to enter the results of the races. So you would have to do it from the beginning of the season to get the actual standing as of today.

Tonio600 04-Jul-2011 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull
Why is this site not being run anymore?

Answers on a postcard please.

Because in previous years, the people running the race series used to ask the nerd running the site to keep it updated at the start of the season. The latter used to say "yes" and the site was updated for the whole season.

This year different people run the series with the help of a different club. Since no one contacted the nerd, he assumed different arrangements were made. Which he was quite happy with since he had a beautiful brand new baby at home that required even more maintenance than all his websites and Ducatis together.

:D

antonye 04-Jul-2011 20:11

Nice one Tonio!

J'espère que tous les deux vous et votre épouse vont bien! :D

Jolley 07-Jul-2011 16:05

Tonio has kindly entered all of our names and race dates and set me up with a password to go and play on the site. If I get time later I will use the results spreadsheet to start updating the site.

Cheers
Tonio

Ghost 07-Jul-2011 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolley
Tonio has kindly entered all of our names and race dates and set me up with a password to go and play on the site. If I get time later I will use the results spreadsheet to start updating the site.

Cheers
Tonio

Well done Ron and Tonio. :roll:

Jolley 07-Jul-2011 19:59

Now updated, and the totals seem to match the ones on Skids spreadsheet. Let me know if there are any problems.