Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Breakdown Cover (/showthread.php?t=26157)

scully 20-Jan-2006 17:53

Breakdown Cover

Has anyone got any advice/recommendations on breakdown cover? My SS is just out of warranty so need to arrange some cover I suppose and have just started looking around but thought I'd see if anyone has any advice as I say.

Cheers :cool:

Davieravie 20-Jan-2006 18:03

When my warranty ran out I checked with the RAC (which my works van is insured with) if I was covered for the bike as well. Answer.......YES! Saved me £80 or so.

YMFB 20-Jan-2006 18:10

Is it worth checking with your insurers ?

psychlist 20-Jan-2006 18:12

You might find that DSC membership entitles you to a discount with the AA :puzzled: I'm sure one of the MT will be along soon to confirm it, maybe?

Fordie 20-Jan-2006 20:27

As a member of the AA since 1972 my bikes covered at the same time as the car . Handy not arf .. 4D

Davieravie 20-Jan-2006 20:39

you can add it on for i think £20

chicken 20-Jan-2006 21:32

I used to get breakdown cover with my insurance policy (and the same with the car) but they've stopped doing it now so I joined the AA - covers the person not the vehicle and has a homestart option (very handy for Ducatis when it gets cold!)

Ian 748 21-Jan-2006 00:31

RAC here as well, got it for the car but it covers the person as already said just hope I never need it.

bradders 21-Jan-2006 00:33

we get a deal with the AA - 15% off plus a kickback to the club...contact webby for detail (cant remember them off hand)

scully 21-Jan-2006 10:52

Quote:

Originally posted by bradders
we get a deal with the AA - 15% off plus a kickback to the club...contact webby for detail (cant remember them off hand)

I'll do that thanks. Must admit I was impressed with the AA when I needed them for the bike a few times during warranty very good service but maybe thats why Ive found they are the most expensive. Plus if Ive read all the details correctly they appear to be the only ones who offer to take you to your choice of location anywhere in the UK all the others appear to just take you to the nearest garage.

You get what you pay for I suppose.

Thanks for the advice.

Scully ;)