Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   It's all over for me.. (/showthread.php?t=80755)

will 30-Sep-2009 20:15

It's all over for me..

Well, it looks like I'm not going to be heading to cadwell with the rest of you; money troubles and a bike that requires a [i]lot[i] of tlc have made it simply not viable. Totally gutted.
But on the upside, I've had a fantastic season's racing, had some great battles, and met some all round top folks! Thanks to everyone who helped me out on the ( numerous! ) times the bike needed fixing, I won't name you all, it would take all night!
Anyway I will be racing in class A next year, and I'm looking forward to more of the same ( except for the crashes, of course..)!

Will

paynep 30-Sep-2009 20:28

That's a shame - after my enforced mid-season break I was looking forward to seeing how far I was off your pace!

Best of luck with the rebuild and at least that will be two of us in Class A next year!

Paul

tomtom 30-Sep-2009 20:46

I won't be needing my roman boadicea spikes this weekend after all then :)
I'm the same on the money, possibly see you on the grid next year if i sell my kidney

Otei 30-Sep-2009 21:32

That's a real shame Will, but at least you've secured 3rd in the championship, and you've certainly earned it this year with some great rides. I just think it's a shame you didn't win one, because I think, and I'm sure Andy would agree that you deserved one.

I guess that'll have to wait until next year, but if everything goes as I plan during winter financially, then I shall be doing everything I can to stop you! ;)

Tom, I'm glad to hear that there's at least a possibility you'll be on the grid next year. We need you guys out there and I still think you have alot to give.

Paul will of course be great to have there, if only to watch him racing with backwards facing knees and titanic swollen balls. :lol:

andys 900ss 01-Oct-2009 00:37

OH-NO!!!

You've had a few ups & downs this year Will but I will always remember just how strong you were at Snetterton. You pushed (and in one case, literally) me right to the every edge of my limit and more. Bring-it on next year fella.

I know where theres a good bike for sale, but its blue...;)

Andy

will 01-Oct-2009 18:15

Cheers mate, and congratulations on the championship!

chris.p 01-Oct-2009 18:28

Cathy is gutted :( , she will not get her ride in your dad's car now:(

Just make sure you are back in the paddock and racing for next year though;)

Chris:burn:

will 01-Oct-2009 18:51

Yeah, i'll be back next year mate. I've already got a huge list of things i want to do to the bike.....:)