Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Heated grips (/showthread.php?t=14801)

ath748 02-Mar-2005 19:45

Heated grips

Now then, I want to buy my girl a set of heated grips for her Tumpet Daytona 600 as her pinkies are always cold when we go out.

She's had a look on her Daytona forum/discussion board, but they're about as much help as Martin Bashir on your first day in court.

Do any of you have any quality suggestions as to which are best please? Oxford heated grips seem to get a lot of press, but are they any good? Are the controls bulky/easy to use etc?

Many thanks folks.

Ade.

ps. Yes, honestly, these ARE for my girlfriend, not for me! A Ducati with heated grips?! Whatever next!! ;)

PB 02-Mar-2005 20:43

I have some Oxford grips on my 748: They are a god-send for the 7 months of the year when its too cold for summer gloves on their own! My version has a small, simple on/off switch (with discreet gren indicator light) and work very well. I would highly recommend them for those wishing to ride in the autumn/winter/spring without bulky winter gloves.

Hope this helps..........

GsxrAge 02-Mar-2005 20:47

I fitted a pair to the mrs's monster.

Bought them from a local bike shop don't know the make tho.:(
They do work a treat tho (might have to fit a set on the 996 :lol:)

A friend has got a set of oxford wraps and she gets on well with them.

I myself think they feel bulky.

Dibble 02-Mar-2005 21:24

have i stumbled into a BMW forum in error ?????

:o

adam 02-Mar-2005 21:28

im horizontly opposed to that comment:D

TP 02-Mar-2005 22:09

Quote:

Originally posted by adam
im horizontly opposed to that comment:D

:lol:

ath748 02-Mar-2005 23:46

Quote:

Originally posted by DIBBLE
have i stumbled into a BMW forum in error ?????

:o

You would have thought so wouldn't you!! :lol:

My lass's hands get so cold, when she stops she has to warm them on the exhaust to get feeling back into them! Can't have her doing that, it'll do her no good! Bless.

Cheers for advice though guys.

Ade.

Rushjob 03-Mar-2005 00:25

Now then.......
There's nothing wrong with heated grips on a Ducati, provided you actually ride it as it was meant to be ridden :devil:
I've got Oxford heated grips on mine, negatives are a slightly too large control box which I chopped up & reduced in size, and the slightly larger diameter grips which take a little getting used to.
The positives are that you can still feel yourfingers whilst negotiating a hundred or so bends whilst you are out to play when it's just started snowing in the Alps.
:P:P:P

psychlist 03-Mar-2005 08:04

Heated grips are........

..the business!!!

Got the velcro over-grips (Oxford "HotGrips") so I can get back to normal during the summer, it makes such a difference to my hands and fingers in the winter I wouldn't ride without them.
You really are missing out on bike-time if you don't have them! Either that or you enjoy the agony, as feeling returns to your numbed little pinkies, just a little too much :lol:

ath748 03-Mar-2005 11:44

Thanks guys, as ever this board always provides good quality (normally!) feedback and real good advice/opinions. Really appreciated.

Ade.:):)