Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Found out what went wrong (/showthread.php?t=3791)

jodycraw 09-Oct-2003 08:47

Found out what went wrong

I found out what was wrong with my 748 yesterday, or rather the mechanic did anyway!

Apparently one of the valve collets dropped off, or bent which hit the rear cylinder, causing a fair bit of damage to the cylinder head, etc. The guy said it didn't do as much damage as it could have though.

Just have to wait for Ducati to get back to OK the warranty... and then will hopefully be back on the road.

Thanks for all the help!

PS I'm gonna get the sidestand switch done too - is there a way that u can rig it so it runs with the stand down, but cuts out when u change into gear? The mechanic i originally spoke to said that he can just take the switch out, meaning it will go in gear with stand down

andyb 09-Oct-2003 09:04

There are plenty of bits of kit available to run your duke with the stand down, they also cut the engine if you engage a gear.

Jools 09-Oct-2003 16:49

Quote:

Originally posted by jodycraw
The mechanic i originally spoke to said that he can just take the switch out, meaning it will go in gear with stand down

Yikes, what sort of a mechanic is that...

Speak to Nelly at Cornerspeed, he does the kit

J:D:DLS

everton 09-Oct-2003 19:25

Hey Jody,

Glad you got it sorted - did they give you a date when you'll have it back - I guess its all dependent on when Ducati OK the warranty.

BTW sorted with MCN for my bike - watch this space!!:D:D:D:D

jodycraw 10-Oct-2003 09:12

He said a couple of weeks, by the time Ducati has got back to him and he's got the parts, and done it all! Good job I don't need the bike for everyday use...