Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   side stand bolts (/showthread.php?t=6887)

chris999 22-Apr-2004 17:07

side stand bolts

not very happy....
noticed today bike leaning over more than usual..
closer look one of two bolts securing side stand assembly to sump has come loose causing the other bolt to take all the strain and twisting the whole bracket over time..
bike in monday for service so phoned up to let them know need new sidestand bracket on warranty-- got the reply they will look at it..
i would not trust straightening it "fatigue" thing..
let you know how i get on with riders of bridgewater........
don't they have threadlock in italy ??

Triple Nine 22-Apr-2004 20:06

Had the same thing with mine Chris, after Cadwell last year, took the bike out of the van and went to put it on the stand, and ......................... it was hanging on one thread.

Tightened it back up and hasn't done it again since, but check it every time I take it out:mad:

chris999 22-Apr-2004 20:13

was the bracket bent ?
mine is quite badly, worried about stripping threads on sump..
don't think i'm being unfair expecting a replacement.... only 6 weeks old.

Triple Nine 22-Apr-2004 22:12

No wasn't bent Chris, just imagine if it had come off on the track though:o

Reckon they must have come from the factory not torqued up, should have been picked up in the PDI though, so you should get it under warranty. Always found Ducati UK good on stuff like that.

chris999 23-Apr-2004 13:31

wonder how i would have stood if given way on side stand...
expensive!!!!

guest1 23-Apr-2004 13:40

Its not a new problem, but you'd think by now that they'd have thought of using threadlock.
Same thing happened on my superlight maybe about 9 years ago. At the time I had just pulled up at friends house and leaned bike over on side stand, but it kept going further over. Luckily I still had a leg over the bike to be able to support it.

KeefyB 23-Apr-2004 22:46

Good post!It made me nip out and check mine.No probs with the bracket bolts but the pivot bolt was a little on the loose side.
Just like Alan E,I had a bolt fall out of a 900SS stand some years ago.Managed to save it in time before the bike toppled over.

chris999 26-Apr-2004 18:51

riders gave bike a good service..
couldn't source a new sidestand so they will send it on to me..
happy with end result...:)

Triple Nine 26-Apr-2004 20:48

Glad you are happy with the outcome Chris.