Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Just how much attention does your 851/888 get ??! (/showthread.php?t=30836)

Nattyboy 19-May-2006 12:53

Just how much attention does your 851/888 get ??!

1 Attachment(s)
Well, after the S4R spat its dummy (and it doesnt look like it will be back for a while), dusted down the old warhorse and took it for an MOT so at least ive got some wheels ! (it hasnt seen light of day for 8 months and started first time!)

Not ideal as all the panels are away for freshening up, and the speedo for claibration, but managed to find another speedo in the garage, cabled tied the front indicators on too, replaced the rearsets with the standard clobber (no brake switch) and away we went.

It just never ceases to amaze me how much fuss people make of these things..everyone downed tools in the workshop and came to have a poke (they service mainly jap bikes).

"Dont like those new dukes but this is a peice of art" said the tester - and that was without the fairing !! Cheeky bugger even tried to blag a go down the road..!!

Made me feel all warm and fuzzy:lol: (as it does when I first ride it after its hibernation every year!)...I'm in LURRRVE (again!!).

Now witness my high quality indicator fastenings...:lol:

phil911 19-May-2006 17:55

You should send this pic to Ducati Company !!!
I've been told they are waiting for new teams of designers ... :D

phil_h 19-May-2006 20:12

:flame:

You heathen :flame:

You should have used BLACK gaffa :lol:

Rob B 21-May-2006 09:41

You should be ashamed.

Get down here and borrow a set of plain panels from the loft...

Rgds, Rob

[Edited on 21-5-2006 by Rob B]

loony888 21-May-2006 10:13

Quote:

Originally posted by Rob B
You should be ashamed.

Get down here and borrow a set of plain panels from the loft...

Rgds, Rob

[Edited on 21-5-2006 by Rob B]

i've just got to get a nose around that loft!!!:burn:

DucatiRoss 29-May-2006 20:04

They sure do get the attention like no other bike I know - everyone, kids, grannies, chavs, Nova boys, Ferrari drivers, Jap bike riders, even Harley riders stare open mouthed and point when I ride my 1990 SP2 past - took it out for a spin yesterday, and like you said I'm in lurrve !!!

I told my kids when I got back - "If I EVER talk about selling the 851, hit me over the head with a wet fish and tell me not to be so stupid". It's all the bike I ever wanted and more

Matthew

Jools 30-May-2006 14:10

It's true...

I put my 888 Strada on display in the DSC Marquee at the BMF show. It's almost completely standard apart from some billet callipers and a C/F hugger and mudguard, but the attention it received was amazing.

Several people asked me if it was for sale and one guy was really pushing me to sell it to him for cash there and then.

beancounter 06-Jun-2006 10:17

Lots.

And......lots!

(p.s. hi Nat)

VanDaMauler 06-Jun-2006 10:24

Sorry...

I know history, classic etc....

But I dont see what all the fuss is about..

beancounter 06-Jun-2006 10:32

Bubbles - ride one.

Then you'll see.