Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Rideouts, Meets and other Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Weymouth / Dorset Rides next Week (/showthread.php?t=115909)

Sam59r 06-Jun-2012 20:06

Weymouth / Dorset Rides next Week

I'll be staying coal to Weymouth during next week with my 1199 and wondered if any local groups are having meets or rides in the week? I'll be running her in so some nice back roads, sweeping As and hills should do the trick. I reckon Dorset must be one of the best counties to bed a new engine in.

If anyone is local and wants to get out for a blast then post or PM me on here. I'm getting very excited now and feel extremely privileged to get my bike with only a couple of weeks delay considering the supply issues following the earthquake in N Italy.

Roll on next week! :roll:

stephenalbert 07-Jun-2012 23:09

Hi Sam not a million miles from Weymouth so lets see what the weather is like and can meet.

Regards Steve

Sam59r 08-Jun-2012 20:25

Great Steve. Do they still do Weymouth Bike nights on Thursday evenings? I'll be working in the day time but deffo up for an early evening ride. As you say, let's see what mother nature has in store for us!!!

abe1098 09-Jun-2012 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam59r
Great Steve. Do they still do Weymouth Bike nights on Thursday evenings? I'll be working in the day time but deffo up for an early evening ride. As you say, let's see what mother nature has in store for us!!!

I'm in Lulworth chap a few miles down the coast. There are meets on a Wednesday evening down at West Bay nr Bridport and there is a lovely coast road from Bridport to Weymouth. Yep they also still do the bike nights in Weymouth or you have Poole quay on a Tuesday night.

Regards, Dave

antonye 09-Jun-2012 15:17

Do I feel a DSC Regional Meeting in the making? ;)

Sam59r 09-Jun-2012 15:53

It would be nice to put some names to faces... Meet in Weymouth early eve Wednesday and travel down to West Bay? I can't do Tue in Poole and will probably be out in Weymouth town on Thursday enjoying the hospitality...

Can anyone recommend a meeting time and place in Weymouth for Wednesday?

abe1098 09-Jun-2012 17:00

Quote:

It would be nice to put some names to faces... Meet in Weymouth early eve Wednesday and travel down to West Bay? I can't do Tue in Poole and will probably be out in Weymouth town on Thursday enjoying the hospitality...

Can anyone recommend a meeting time and place in Weymouth for Wednesday?

I usually go down to West Bay with a few guys from work, I will find out what is happening mate and get back to you asap.

Dave

Sam59r 10-Jun-2012 19:47

Not looking good for any day bar Tuesday!! Yikes - what has happen to our freakish weather in the UK?

Sam59r 10-Jun-2012 19:50

Can you tell i'm a newbie (nugget) with a picture that size?? Sorry.

abe1098 10-Jun-2012 22:00

Quote:

Can you tell i'm a newbie (nugget) with a picture that size?? Sorry.

Don't trust Vodafone chap. I've just checked the weather on the Met Office website. It will be raining early afternoon on Wednesday but will then be cloudy with some sun late afternoon/evening.
Might just have to make a call on the day or night before?