Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   m600 fork seal??? (/showthread.php?t=9750)

bradders 23-Aug-2004 13:01

m600 fork seal???

So, picked up the new baby Saturday, mint and raring to go!!

Have noticed a leak in the left seal. Looking thru the old bills, it seems to have had 4 since new - is this normal?? And they are all the same leg??

Nattyboy 23-Aug-2004 18:31

very common....rockhopper bought my 600 and the left seals gone (again)..both were replaced only last year !!

Check your U2U anyway !

Cheers
Nat

KeefyB 24-Aug-2004 06:59

Some early M600/750's were fitted with Marzzocchi forks and had loads of probs with fork seals.Look for a 'M' stamped on the bottom of the fork leg,near the spindle.They usualy leak on one side if they have spent a lot of time sitting on the sidestand.
The seals have been updated as some where the wrong diameter,but they still leak.:mad:
There was a thread (on the SS board?) about leak proof seals,maybe the way to go.

bradders 24-Aug-2004 23:33

cheers

rockhopper 04-Sep-2004 20:49

The reason mine were leaking is that they had been put in dry. Muppet who changed them also put one of the progressive fork springs in upside down!

Martini 12-Oct-2004 21:05

Leak proof seals

My 600SS has the unadjustable Marzzocchi forks fitted and the LEFT one leaked every year, regardless of who fitted it (me or my dealer).

I got peeved about this and fitted "leak proof seals" against my dealer's advice. I got them from http://www.motohaus.com/html/seals/l...of%20intro.htm. They don't list the Marzzocchi forks on the web, but they do sell them - honest!

The only prob I had was with one of the washers being too thick.

Anyway, that was ages ago and NO LEAKS!

Probably one of my better investments..........

Gary T. 21-Nov-2004 21:49

Had several left seals leak on my old 600. Another theory for the left side failing more often is because it gets all the crap from the disc pads thrown at it, where as the other side is disc free?

Is a PITA when it happens though :mad:

[Edited on 21-11-2004 by Gary T.]